Miscommunication

By kay-z - 21/06/2014 20:32 - United States

Today, my dad heard that the guy who bullied me at school died recently of a drug overdose. For some reason, he thinks we were actually best friends, and thinks I'm doing drugs too. I'm now not allowed out of the house except to go to school. He won't listen to a word I say. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 950
You deserved it 4 005

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Make it clear to your dad why you hated his guts

My knee-jerk advice would be to prove that you're telling the truth via a drug test, but that would basically turn your home into a police state. I'm sorry, OP. Stick to your story. The truth will out. =/

Comments

Get someone else to tell him ,Teacher maybe??

You need to assert yourself an all-controlling paranoid parent is not something you want to feed.

no one else thinking that it's ****** up that the dad grounded him even though he thought his best friend just died? not exactly an ideal support system

bloodangel1973 8

Well, at least that son of a piece of shit is dead. That's the silver lining.

Vanshikap 24

follow up please? I can't seem to figure out how exactly he came to that conclusion.

Give him some pot to forget about it :)

Now you know he was always half-listening to your stories.

YDI for being untrustworthy and a liar. No way you dad would not "listen to a word [you] say" if he didn't already believe you lack integrity. This is a good lesson for you that nothing is more important in your life than a good reputation. Try being more honest with yourself and others. Your life will suck less.

Who says OP is untrustworthy and a liar? His dad may have thought they were best friends and I can see why you might come to the conclusion that his Dad must have a reason to not believe him - but you don't KNOW that OP is untrustworthy - far from it. So maybe you could say 'it sounds like maybe you haven't acted trustworthy in the past' but maybe just bear in mind that although we might assume OP is untrustworthy, we don't KNOW that. :)

You're a retard for jumping to conclusions. All I have to say.

You need to stop making assumptions, you are making yourself sound stupid.

Were you raised in a compound? Plenty of parents don't listen or care about what their kids have to say regardless of the amount of logic in the statement or the actual trustworthiness of the child in general.