Looks nice, I guess

By shia - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff

Today, I got a super short pixie cut. All my boyfriend could do was stare at me, speechless. I thought he was taken aback by how cute it was, until he told me that I look exactly like my fifteen year-old brother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 182
You deserved it 22 273

Top comments

Whether or not someone looks good with short/long hair is a subjective opinion. Don't try to pass off your opinion as fact.

Sucks that you look like a boy. Or that he looks like a girl.

Comments

I too, have a pixie cut -- and I LOVE it. Granted, before it grew out, it was awkwardly short... Some guys just don't understand simple beauty. It's long-haired, huge-breasted women that've ruined the image. :P

GallifreyDog 2

Not all long haired women are bimbos with breast implants. Thats like saying you're a lesbian for having short hair (which a lot of people believe.)

She didn't say all women with long hair have breast implants. She said that women with long hair who happen to have breast implants have ruined the real image of beauty.

I agree.. it's the way women are expected to look these days. it's sad. many girls have been crushed by this "image" that's out there.. :(

WickedPixie 0

That sucks. I miss my Pixie cut so much, but once my hair grew out my boyfriend didn't want me to cut it again. (And we started dating when I had the Pixie cut.) Even my current boyfriend wants me to keep it long. Bah, do what makes you happy. I should be. :P

It's funny that people say things like, "women with short hair look masculine....blah blah blah." Considering the only reason that people have these stereotypical views is because that is what society has taught them to think. That is why historically fat people were considered attractive because society decided that the people that could afford to eat were obviously the more attractive. Now people have learned about health concerns related to being overweight/obese and now the fat people are deemed unattractive. Give the short hair thing another 50+ years to become a "societal norm" and people will no longer automatically deem a girl masculine simply because her hair type.

Well, now everytime when you two get intimate, he'd look at your face and get reminded of your brother. I'm sure your poor bf wouldn't want that. it's disturbing.

lksdliz 9

Take pictures to look at when you're older and wiser and can look back and say "I can't believe I DID that!"

Pixie cuts are not supposed to be super short.

I know they can be, but there is a big difference between short and super short. And while short will make you look great, going with super short might not work out so well. That's what happened to OP. She even admitted it herself here in the comments.

kellyisyllek 0

You should have seriously thought about this and consider your face shape. Only a small amount of girls can actually pull this haircut off. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say it's your fault...

There are maybe three people in the world who look good with a pixie cut.... and especially YDI if your hair was really long before. An abrupt change like that often brings about straightforward honesty from boyfriends, which is what you got, more or less.