Lesson learned

By gymnasticscoach - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, a kid I coach on a regular basis was talking to me about what I did outside of work. After we were done with the conversation, she told me with a straight face that I needed to get a life and get a boyfriend. She's 10. And she's right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 393
You deserved it 10 082

Top comments

Damn, your a gymnastics coach and you can't get a boy friend. You must really be doing something wrong. I'm a programmer and I don't have a girlfriend. At least I have an excuse!

As if having a boyfriend makes you a better person or something... tell the kid she'll understand when she's older. That'll piss her off!

Comments

braFTW 0

I hate smart kids, they're usually right..

No one ~needs~ a boyfriend/girlfriend. They're just a plus... sometimes. :P

Ninjahippy 0

Agreed, #23. Romantic relationships are sometimes great, but when they go wrong, they REALLY go wrong.

TryToBeKind 0

I don't think anyone is "right" when they tell someone they "need to get a boyfriend/girlfriend". That just disgusts me. Getting a life? I dunno, do you spend all your free time gaming/reading/writing/doing artwork/fixing tractors and not socializing or making money off those things? Well, then I can see where 'get a life" would come from. Just take the things you do when you're alone and find a way to a) make them social events or b) money-making events. The boyfriend part? Psht, no one "needs" a significant other. The only people who have any business saying that are those who see you flirting/dating around/constantly talking about how "hot" someone is and not persuig that person. People who do that DO need a significant other because they a) need to get laid or b) seem desperate. If they still think they don't need a sig.oth. after that, they need to stop dating/flirting etc.

Wrong place to find a boyfriend or a life, sweetie q: Try turning off the computer for a bit.

$20 she spends more time on the bench than she has been.

I'll go out with you. I don't even have to see you or know what kind of person you are.

why does everyone assume it's a girl? ignorant biggots

#25: Saying that socialization and money-making are necessary to have a complete life is just more proof of the social programming that ensues nowadays. 30% of the US and 50% of the world is introverted; socialization isn't the be-all and end-all of glorious things to do for them. Money is something to buy things. As long as someone gets satisfaction out of what they do, be it work or non-work, it shouldn't even matter if it's social or money-making; as long as they can do social/money-making things when needed/wanted.

maddog_12 0

hey give me a call i can hook u up ;) 641-660-2234