Keep it together

By SmileAndSayHi - 01/06/2016 19:23 - United States - Hialeah

Today, the underwire in my bra snapped as my 9-hour workday started. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 557
You deserved it 666

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would just remove both the underwires from your bra, may be less supportive but at least the wire isn't stabbing you

Great day to ask your boss for a. Raise...

Comments

FML_HelloItsMe 15

Ouch OP FYL.Hope you were able cope with it !

javierrrrm 12

Shit like that will happen OP. One time I ripped my shorts but instead of carrying a negative aura I was able to make jokes and keep a good attitude about it. Hopefully your day went well and a manager let you go home to change.

The difference with this situation is that a snapped bra-wire constantly stabs you, which actively hurts. Good luck, OP, for me it helped to put a bandaid or some tape around the pointy end of the wire and try to make it stick to my bra instead of stabbing me

burgermike92 17

Hopefully your day doesn't get any worse than that.

I would just remove both the underwires from your bra, may be less supportive but at least the wire isn't stabbing you

Can you work some magic with paperclips and rubber bands or whatever laying around your workplace?

Hopefully you were able to get the wire out. But ugh what a waste of a bra

For a second I thought it said workout, not workday. xD That would REALLY suck.

You can leave a workout and come back whenever- you don't have to get permission to leave a workout. However, it's highly unlikely that that OP's employer would let her leave work to go home, take off the old one, put on a new one, and come all the way back to work. Especially if OP's manager or boss is a man- and before someone tries to jump down my throat about being sexist or whatever term you want to use, I'm saying this from first hand observation- because men without a wife/girlfriend, or a mother or sister they are very close to, don't quite understand that a snapped underwire isn't like, say, a broken zipper. It isn't a matter of it just being uncomfortable or increasing the risk of a wardrobe malfunction- snapped undersides can be flat out dangerous. They can cut the person the bra is on, or the wire can even act like a needle and thread and go in one spot, come out the other, and be laced under the person's skin and even muscle. It isn't likely, but it can happen, especially if the job is physical labor/movement intensive. (Which, yes, I have seen this in person. Not pleasant to look at, I don't want to think about how much less pleasant it was for the girl it happened to.) Note that I'm not saying that male employers with that view on them are being intentionally jerks about it, but that they don't know that broken wires are dangerous.

Duck tape fixes everything..... One could possibly construct A cross your heart bra in a matter of seconds...