Jingle bells

By LonelyThisChristmas - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom - Birmingham

Today, my stepmum told me that the Christmas dinner she is cooking tomorrow will cost £25 a head. I laughed because I thought she was joking. She wasn't. Now I'm spending Christmas alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 648
You deserved it 781

Top comments

£25 for what I'm assuming is a family Christmas dinner is just ******. You're better off not going.

...well, it's the best way to spend it, no drama!

Comments

That's a hell of a lot. How much of that money is for "labor and overhead" ?

Put it on your dad's bill. He owes you big time for either abandoning or murdering your biological mom.

tiptoppc 19

Saw this on BBC news America. I think it was referring to hosts shouldering most/all the costs for food. Tbh, a pot luck would be a better idea. Especially where agreed upon dishes would be divied up to each person for responsibility to bring. The costs of meats and other stuff is rising astronomically. So hosts have turned to charging, as many are older and on pension. I would honestly ask if you could forgo the cost, but bring dishes as a contribution. This allows others to benefit from you coming, while allowing yourself to he included. But that cost is quite a bit high. In USD, that’s like $35. That’s high even for a restaurant (in the midwest) for one person. Better yet, spend it with friends!