Jenny Rotten

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff

Today, I dyed my hair for the first time. It turned out great, and I couldn't wait to show it off during my night out with my friends. Everyone was so shocked or disgusted, I ended up claiming I lost a bet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 028
You deserved it 1 994

Top comments

Dotty8710 10

You shouldn't let your friends opinion change how you initially felt about your hair. You loved it and if your friends don't, they suck..not you. I'm sure your hair color rocks! Own it.

TheEpicKitten 20

It could be the sudden change or your hair, not the actual look of your hair

Comments

TheEpicKitten 20

It could be the sudden change or your hair, not the actual look of your hair

I'm sure it matches your personality! Colorful, bright!....messy...and unique?! Yeah.

gatewayev700 10

How do you get disgusted by a hair color? What kind of friends do you have?

Most dudes who have pink purple green anything but there normal hair color tend to annoy me (unless for cancer like pink or something)

That as the case may be, OP is a woman; females dye their hair bizarre colors with much more frequency and acceptance than males. I'm guessing the color was either very extreme, or her friends are very conservative in regards to body mods.

#8 I don't know I loved my electric blue hair as a kid. it looked really cool. of course as I got older I haven't died my hair again because of my job but honestly id like to if I could afford to maintain it (if not I'd just chop it all off when it grew too long)

I think anyone can rock any colored hair. I used to be iffy about green but JackSepticEye completely changed that.

I know two girls who regularly die their hair ugly colors with other ugly colors mixed in. Their heads often looks like a troll doll that got "styled" by some four year olds and then left outside for too long. I think it looks ugly as all hell, but it's not my business so long as they like it, and I just find ways to dodge their questions when they ask me what I think about it (they often makes obviously ugly or out there choices as a sort of challenge to people, they're both annoying, but they're friends of friends so I try to avoid taking the bait and starting fights, but I also don't lie and say I love it).

I'm thinking it's the way the dye came out. My friend dyed his hair pink, and it would have looked brilliant if he'd bleached his hair first (or got it done properly at a salon instead of his bathroom). He had black roots and the rest of his hair was highlighter pink. He liked it, but everyone else thought someone dared him to do it

I wouldn't take it personal, maybe they are just shocked to see the sudden change? And besides, it's your hair, you should flaunt it! Who cares what they think?

VashSN17 10

Don't worry so much. It's your hair,as long as your comfortable then your good. And they probably were thrown off by the sudden change. Give them time, I'm sure they'll get used to it!

Dotty8710 10

You shouldn't let your friends opinion change how you initially felt about your hair. You loved it and if your friends don't, they suck..not you. I'm sure your hair color rocks! Own it.

I'm sorry that your friends don't like how you dyed your hair, but if you like it, then who cares?

My response would be "You don't like it? Well that seems to be a YOU problem, I love it and since it's my hair, I'm going to wear it proudly"

*immediately gets fired from the law firm*

heatherrr17 19

What color did you dye it?!

This genuinely made me laugh because I can relate. I dyed a few strands of the front of my hair a few years ago and I thought it looked amazing at the moment but once I returned to school I didn't get the reactions I was looking forward to. I ended up making up a fake story on how I thought it was wash out dye and about "accidentally" dying my hair. Really embarrassing then but I can laugh about it now :)