I always feel like somebody's watching me

By Chris - 20/11/2012 05:03 - United States - Lakewood

Today, my ex-girlfriend was supposed to come pick up her things, and while I waited I took a nap. Thirty minutes later, I woke up with two police officers hammering on my door. They'd come to get my ex-girlfriend's things and said they were "watching me." That's the last time I date a cop's daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 751
You deserved it 3 511

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mindwarp 4

Gf : i'm coming to get my things OP: Ok, i'm taking a nap.

Comments

Wtf did she tell em? Must have been a bad break-up. Next time get the porkers on camera

Porkers...I bet you wouldn't say that to their face mate. Dong be another tough guy behind closed doors

Are ya tryna stickin up 4 American cops Ears? How valiant of you

You're a ******* idiot. I've dealt with a metric ****-tonne of cops in my life, thanks to my little brother being a shit stain, and I'd like to see you call them "porkers" to their face. Here, our cops may be Canadian, they may be polite, but you do not **** with them. You sound like an angry little teenager with too much of dad's money going to pay for weed and alcohol.

You referred to your younger brother as "a shit stain". And expect me, a complete stranger, to give a **** about your opinion? Sounds like if I was your own blood I couldn't take you seriously. As an older sibling you are supposed to set the example... I don't need to know you to come to the conclusion that YOU are not only the idiot in this exchange of dialogue, but also a **** as an older sibling and human being in general

Haha, they were probably just asked to do that to **** with you. My brother in-law is a cop and that sounds like something he would get his friends to do.

Her dad may be a cop but it was completely unnecessary to send him over to pick up her things.

raycj 1

Well you don't know the situation and if OP did anything bad to the girl

If it were me I would have told them that for all i know they could be police impersonators and planning a home invasion. I would have told them to relay a message to his ex telling her to get off her lazy ass and come get her shit herself. Then I would change the locks.

unknown_user5566 26

That's very specific. Sounds like someone has a crazy ex, and had to think about being in OP's situation before. :)

If they were living together( I can only assume since her stuff is there) he probably has met her dad before and knows hes a real cop.

perdix 29

Good call. Next time, try dating a gangster's daughter. That ought to go more easily.

unknown_user5566 26

Especially if he goes old-school, and dates a mob member's daughter. PS- OP, if you date and marry a mob member's daughter, make sure to invite me. I've heard the fathers have to grant favors on your wedding day. :)

"What can I do for you on this, the day of my daughter's wedding?" Just be careful... If you two get into a nasty fight & the next day you see an excessive number of violin cases, chances are the men in dark suits carrying them aren't going to a recital.

Every great ****** comes with great responsibilities

1dvs_bstd 41

Must have been fun dating a cop's daughter lol

For all we know OP could have been an physically / verbally abusive boyfriend. It also could have been a very bad break up and he could have cheated on her, hit her or threatened her in some way. If some boy hurt my little girl , I could see her dad taking care of getting her things and maybe giving the guy a hard time. It is his baby girl and dads can be very very protective. Theres three sides to every story, her side, his side and the truth. There are so many unknown factors in this FML, that I cant take a side or assume shes a bitch.

Why is it whenever a girl posts an FML about her boyfriend doing a douchebaggy thing, people agree he's a douchebag, but flip the genders, and people start saying "well we don't know the op could have been an abusive rapist so he might deserved it". Women can be douchebags too, and not because a Lifetime Movie of the Week made her that way.

Lordy! One person makes a -suggestion- of how the story could have gone and suddenly that means that everybody is sexist. This happens way too much on FML! Cool your jets.

I even read through every comment to make sure that this was the only one making the sort of suggestion. On top of that, #41 made it explicit that they recognized that the ex-girlfriend could just be a bitch.

I really hope the "cool your jets" statement is aimed at the person who assumed that the boyfriend may have been a physically abusive douchebag based on... absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

That's just the thing--#41 DIDN'T assume anything! And they made that quite clear. They suggested a different perspective for the story. Two, actually, but the "girlfriend-is-a-bitch" suggestion was really short and sort of besides-the-point since -that- is what the rest of the FMLers focused on (well, her father, but that would be because he retrieves his information from possible-bitch-ex-girlfriend-girl). They did not claim they had "evidence." What are you on about? They specifically said that they CANNOT take either of those sides and they will remain neutral.

Thanks Chippa! I wasnt taking any sides, just was stating there is not enough information to assume the reasons behind OP ex girlfriends/ father actions.

Actually read the FMLs of girls complaining about their boyfriends and you hear 'work it out, don't dump him' etc. When a boy complains about his girlfriend everyone says 'what a bitch, what a slu' etc. Double standard.

Accusing OP of possibly being a cheat or even physically abusive are both pretty hefty accusations to make, when there is literally nothing in the FML that suggests that this is the case. How do you jump from the fml to "oh maybe he was beating the shit out of her so he might deserve it", can I ask?

I was giving examples, geez. I stated CLEARLY that we dont know the situation. However, just because OP posted this does'nt mean hes a saint or didnt do anything wrong. As I said over and over, Im not taking sides. I can only formulate theories of what could have happened to make OP's ex act that way. I also said verbal abuse, and each person has their own definition of abuse. He could have for instance made a comment about anything she disagreed with or even tapped her on the head, she could have then ran to daddy and told him a completely different story. We dont know! Im looking at all angels and either one of them could have done something wrong. Im just not going to call a person a bitch or an asshole if I don't know the full story for each side.