Hyperrealism

By Anonymous - 24/11/2012 01:29 - Canada - Edmonton

Today, I was rejected for a dream photography job that involves travelling all over the world, because according to the interviewer, half the photos in my nature portfolio were "blatantly photoshopped." I guess reality isn't realistic enough for some people. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 748
You deserved it 1 893

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SApprentice 34

That's awful. Maybe you could try to show your portfolio to another member of management? It might not do any good because you have already been rejected, but if your work is so excellent that someone automatically thinks that it has been photoshopped then someone there has to appreciate it. Good luck, OP. Art is a beautiful thing.

bach2121 13

That guy was probably just jealous, keep your head up!

Comments

bach2121 13

That guy was probably just jealous, keep your head up!

ryry013 6

If your work is good enough to be mistaken for photoshop, it shouldn't be too long before you find another good opportunity.

SApprentice 34

That's awful. Maybe you could try to show your portfolio to another member of management? It might not do any good because you have already been rejected, but if your work is so excellent that someone automatically thinks that it has been photoshopped then someone there has to appreciate it. Good luck, OP. Art is a beautiful thing.

decidedlyvague 11

Photoshopped art is still art! Dunno why he was bitching about the quality of the photo without providing any recourse for his justifications.

chell1894 13

Because photoshop can be misleading. Some photoshop changes the picture so much it looks nothing like the original photo. I personally think that defeats the soul purpose of taking a photo. Don't get me wrong I've messed around with photoshop and I've seen some really cool and amazing photoshop. But I personally think the original shot is what should make the photo and maybe some light edits to enhance. Not so much photoshop that you can't even tell what the original photo looked like. But that's me personally I am in no way an expert or anything.

It absolutely sucks not being able to get the job you want, but frankly if the person looking at the photos is in the business and can't tell the difference between real and Photoshop then he's clearly not someone you want to work under. You can likely find something better.

Mr25_fml 14

Got rejected for being hot. Perfect sense.

I don't think temperature has anything to do with it.

3- tell me good sir, where the **** does this FML say ANYTHING about op's appearance?

I think the commenter was trying to say "hot" as in "she's a hot photographer" or "a hot author". I've heard of "hot" being used to mean "talented" rather then "attractive".

3: perfect sense....just like your comment.....

3 thinks OP is a model and she's getting photographed. (Photoshopped body)

RedPillSucks 31

People don't usually refer to their head shots as 'nature' portfolios so I'm guessing they were actually nature shots and not portraits. Of course maybe the problem was that she was hot and the interviewer didn't really look at the pictures at all. *your breasts look photoshopped in this portrait* OP: those are cantaloupes

Airman1988 9

People are way too quick to call something Photoshopped now days. I mean yes it is a lot but some people say that and don't have a clue either way. You would think a guy who works in that field could distinguish Photoshoped work from not.

pedosmurf 7

Some people can't handle the truth or you were too good he was scared for his job? Or he could be a douche knocker

Try to find anything close to him in your memory, he might be a guy you knew, he could know and hate you.

That's actually... Pretty stupid. Congratulations.

Maybe being surreal would help. You could be the next Salvador Dali of photos!

perdix 29

You should have presented your original RAW files to prove the photos aren't heavily retouched. Dream photography is very hard. Not only do you have to travel around the world, you have to go to outer space, and time travel to the future and the past. I wish you could have gotten a shot of me rowing for the gold medal for Finland. I was looking pretty hot.

SApprentice 34

9- Weren't you the one in the purple life vest? I think you only won because you knocked Switzerland over.

perdix 29

#12, yes! In my dream, Olympic rowing included the rules of Battle Boats, so my oars were tipped with bayonets. I was able to knock out those cheesy Swiss and ruin the watches and chocolate they were carrying onboard. Good thing I woke up before the Olympic officials found out I've never been to Finland or have any Finnish heritage, and stripped me of my medal.

desireev 17

I knew I'd seen you somewhere before, P! Thank you for reminding me! ;) Haha

Sometimes Perdix I just can't stop laughing when I read your comments.

BVBfan 10

#9 i was searchin for u but i couldnt find u haha i looked it up nd everything

There's such a thing as being to good :) be proud hun. You'll do great. Ce cera cera

Haha, I'm guessing you mean que sera sera?

13 was close, it would be 'Che sera sera' in Italian or 'Que sera sera' for the Spanish way. Neither are grammatically correct in any language and just adopted by people after it was made up for a song by a couple of English speaking song writers.