Hey lady, not cool!

By Ghostly - 21/07/2013 15:03 - United States - Madison

Today, while filling out paperwork at the dermatologist's, it asked what color I would use to describe my skin tone. When the nurse saw that I chose fair, she mumbled, "Ghost is more like it." I have a severe sun allergy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 584
You deserved it 4 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

so much for being professional. Hopefully you told her and she apologized.

that's just really unprofessional and rude of her. some people just don't know when to shut up.

Comments

Tell her she'll be the first one you'll haunt.

IGaveRickUp 15

Hey, I'd rather be a ghost than a sparkly vampire. There's always an upside!

Speaking of vampires, there is a disease which I think is called the "Vampire Disease", which damages your inner organs and skin if you stay in the sun too long. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah its real. Don't know why you got downvotes.

That's just rude! Some people don't take their jobs seriously and are unprofessional with their clients.

lj1207 6

I'm sorry. That sucks. Some one has tried to tell me I was lying that my baby was mine because he is darker than me by about 3 or 4 shades. I am the weightiest person in my family and he is the same color as my sister

audreyfml1994 15

When I was born the doctors were convinced that my mother had cheated on my father (both of them are very white) because I looked Hispanic due to having dark hair and very dark skin. They wouldn't let it rest and I think it hurts my dad to this day that they were so deadest to prove he wasn't the father. But, 19 years later, I'm as pale as snow and those doctors know where to shove it.

MzZombicidal 36

When I was born, my dad thought my mom had cheated on him because I was slightly redish purple because of, well… just being born.

MiloBear 11

I know a white couple who adopted a black baby. Once, the mother was walking her in a pram with a blanket draped over it to keep the sun off, just the baby's feet were sticking out. Someone commented that her baby was very tan lol.

I feel your pain, I burn in literally five minutes. Pasty white Irish skin sucks.

I have Lupus, which makes me even more sun sensitive, but I'm also of Scottish ancestry. Our types are designed for standing on windswept moors in the pouring rain, not for lying out on a beach in the blazing sun and getting lobstered.

ironik69 31

Agreed. Irish decent, red hair, freckles. ..the works. And I have depression so the doc told me to get at least thirty minutes of Sun a day. Medicine says no prolonged sun exposure (specifically ten minutes or more.) I burn in five just waiting at the bus stop. It completely stinks! !!

Try taking vitamin D supplements - that might help. If it's Seasonal Affective Disorder just being outside in the shade during summer months can help. My Mom's best friend has that, she has a special lamp she has to use in the wintertime.

Super pale porcelaine skin here and proud of it. I don't burn, I think I'm so pale I just reflect the sun straight back. Almost like a super power.

Her face would be priceless when you tell her that.

Confront her and if she doesn't apologize, say you'll haunt her until she does.

I would complain! Why be a nurse if you can't show compassion? No matter what the case may be.

TaniasaysFMLL 15

Why is she even working! That was really rude :/ sorry op, she just has a bad attitude, I'm sure she's rude to everyone.