Harsh.

By Peridot - 16/10/2017 19:00 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I thought I was going to get lucky with my girlfriend. Instead, I learned that she thought I was an ugly, masculine girl. All of our "dates" had been her taking me out to improve her chances when looking for guys. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 428
You deserved it 582

Top comments

How was she your girlfriend? Sucks that happened though.

Zachary8261 28

You deserve better, OP. Hope you find that special someone who accepts you.

Comments

Did she not notice you were a man when you would go into the men's room to go to the bathroom or leave the seat up at her place.

I'm pretty sure you're the only one who thought she was your girlfriend..

AzrielB 8

Everyone is assuming the OP is a straight male when they could be a butch Lesbian.

The part where OP says "she thought I was an ugly, masculine girl." is kind of indicative that "she" is mistaken.

...Though now that I think about it OP could be a FTM transsexual. In which case: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Indeed! We were all so shocked by the misunderstanding we forgot to be shocked by the "GF" s repulsive behavior. Even if OP had been a butch lady, being used for her ugliness would hurt a lot. And even if she never knew it would still be wrong. Good thing he didn't end up dating her for real, it would have been even messier, likely.

OP, you dodged a bullet! I bet you are young & naive, and got hypnotized by her "looks" (quotation marks since these types often spend hours getting ready, to create a look they don't wake up with) enough to not notice her lack of character. Next time pick a more down to earth gal. Maybe not so flashy at first glance, but if she's a cool person and you are on the same wavelength, the more you get to know her the hotter she'll look to you! And that's how healthy relationships happen. Fawning over some manipulative shallow bimbo who's not worth it is a common mistake for young men. No you aren't alone in feeling stupid like this. But you're only ACTUALLY stupid if you pick another one like her next time. Learn to avoid mask-wearing people and your future will be much brighter.

TheHillfam84 7

Don't even sweat her, the expression about a million fish in the sea is very true. It's never when you expect it btw, it can be when you're in your grubby clothing just normal grocery shopping and you can bump carts with your future wife. My point is just use this as experience of what you want in the future.

xtutu 12

I'm confused. Anyway, I think Op is a girl who secretly fall in love with her girlfriend. Maybe, we need a vote about the gender of the Op. Lol

MxCrix3333 10

How did you think she was your girlfriend when she didn't know you well enough to even know your gender?