Happy Doggo Day!

By Holyguacamoly - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - Iceland

Today, at work I had to explain to a client that male dogs can wear red collars and it doesn't make them "gay". The client then got angry and stormed out of the store, causing me to get written up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 254
You deserved it 4 946

Top comments

People lost the intelligent aspect of their minds centuries ago...

Chelsea_bella 20

Pink collars on the other hand...

Comments

People lost the intelligent aspect of their minds centuries ago...

sonasonic 34

Only 2 things are infinite; the universe and the human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

To be fair, OP really had no reason to start explaining that kind of thing to the customer in the first place. First rule of retail: let idiots be idiots.

LuckBeNimble 19

I agree with 96. perhaps the customer wasn't being intentionally homophobic? maybe they were misinformed about breeding practices? like maybe "male dogs are attracted to the color red" or something. when I was younger I used to think something similar about birds and yellow. Lol. ignorance, eh?

130-Can we settle on "Humans exist, therefore, stupidity exists"?

Chelsea_bella 20

Pink collars on the other hand...

bunny409 14

a long time, pink was actually used for a boy and blue for a girl. but honestly color of a collar or anything for that matter shouldnt be a big deal....society has us brainwashed.

Ya know 68, there's a name for that color, it's called pink! *I love red vs blue*

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Would you please to tell us when and where happened such thing? I'm curious. By the way, In china, before 1911, yellow is for the royal family's exclusive use.

I've lost all faith in humanity. Sorry about being written up, OP. It wasn't your fault that the client is a retarded f*ck

Is anyone else sick of people writing "I've lost faith in humanity" it was funny the first few times but now it's lost it's originality.

It really is beginning to get annoying

@14, not sure why you would think "I've lost all faith in humanity" would be funny at all in the first place

I've lost all faith in humanity is quickly earning "shitty situation" status.

I've lost faith in people who say they've lost faith in humanity.

And you can write "****" on this site, #3. You won't get censored for that here. ******* fucky ****.

What color was that bitch wearing? People these days..

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender

RedPillSucks 31

Does transgender include people with both sets of genitals?

transgendered people are born one gender (genetically) but physically and socially become another gender through genital and other surgeries and the use of hormone therapy. Classical Hermaphrodites have both sets of genitals and can be genetically either, mentally either|both genders. But they are really called intersex. This condition appears with a wide variety of genetics beyond simple XX, XY. Infants that appear to have been born female but have partial androgen insensitivity will not menstruate and have XY chromosomes, despite appearing physically female. This is usually not caught until puberty. Adrenal hyperplasia can cause an XX fetus to apparently have been born male. X and XXY, XYY also all exist on the human spectrum. Sexuality is extremely complex and diverse mentally and physically, a fascination of mine.

Razi_tail 25

59, If there is a mutation with a persons sex genes such as the physical appearance of a female but XY chromosomes, would it be more likely for the individual to be attracted to males or females? And if the person is attracted to males, does that make the person gay because genetically it is male? Or straight because it's physically a female? Or does it all depend on what the person identifies itself with? Everything gets so confusing when a gene mutates.

Amanyyyyyy 29

I thought red was a gender-neutral color...

I thought all colors were gender neutral :p

21 pink and purple are definitely not gender neutral

Yea they are. Colors aren't gender specific. It's weird to think that society decided colors weren't gender neutral to begin with. It's just a color..

#27 Tell that to Samuel L. Jackson and his purple lightsaber.

Qwermy 16

purple/violet had historically been associated with royalty. if it's a color that would give a king respect, it's definitely not a feminine color. That said, color association with gender varies entirely by region. The US doesn't consider purple "royal" because the US doesn't like royalty. Some cultures associate colors the west sees as benign with death or war. Tl;dr: no color is really associated with a gender anyway

Until the early 20th century, male babies were dressed in red for power and female babies were dressed in blue as blue was considered a calm colour.

I actually always saw red as a masculine strong color. And I have always loved red collars for dogs! must be because of that cartoon with the stray dog and Oliver cat. haha

Amanyyyyyy 29

Tell your customer that dogs are colorblind.

Are you stupid...? Colorblind does not necessarily mean you only see black and white. Dogs can see colors, but on a slightly smaller and less variating scale.

No need to be harsh, after all there are many movies where you see through a dogs eyes and it's black and white. In fact, dogs seeing in black in white is used frequently. Snap's not a dog, how would they know what colors they see?

It was a silly answer to a customer's ridiculous question.

Actually #24, what #8 said is correct. While people often associate the word "color-blind" with seeing in black-and-white, that isn't what it means. The word color-blind can mean seeing only certain colors (as you explained) OR none at all. #8 merely said that dogs are color blind, not that they only saw in black-and-white. You're the one who ASSUMED they meant the latter, while they could merely have been pointing out that dogs are color-blind to certain colors (like red) which is true.

Dogs can see in shades of black, white, blue, and yellow. Their vision is not just in grayscale.

According to the most recent scientific studies dogs can see blue and everything else is a sort of orange color. That's why they have trouble finding a red ball in green grass. It all looks orang-ish to them.

I always thought they could see green. My brother was given a beagle puppy when we were kids, and we bought a $1 sack of dog toys for him, all happening to be lime green, and trained him to chew the toys and not the furniture. The dog apparently took note of the color, because later on he wouldn't chew any new toys unless they were lime green. However, he did chew up my lime green socks. So I always assumed he could see the color green.

#41 dogs have photoreceptors for certain colors in their eyes, just like humans. They just have less.

As 143 said, dogs only have 2 color sensitive cells in their eyes, as opposed to the 3 that humans have. Since the missing cell is red, then technically the dog actually COULDN'T see red.

Unfortunately, intelligence seems to get rarer and rarer..

If only it could be converted to steak.

I find it interesting that you should post this between to identical messages where you assume color blind meant seeing in black and white.

Are you stupid..? Colorblind doesn't necessarily mean you only see black and white. Dogs can see colors, but on a smaller, less variating scale

Did you really just copy and paste the same reply to two comments? And there's no need to insult someone's intelligence for stating misinformation, especially when they were probably joking. And if you ARE going to insult the intelligence of two different people for the same reason, at last display enough creativity to come up with two different ways to do it.

38, don't give her any guff. She is taking a stand against the defamation of dog eyes.

RedPillSucks 31

I'm really tempted to add another comment about dogs being color blind to see if the reply is the same.

Yes, 51, an important and redundant stand.