Halotus goes blind

By samadams42 - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my mom said she wanted me to get laser eye surgery before she did, "just in case it isn't safe." FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 686
You deserved it 3 138

Top comments

KristinaKreme 0

52, let's put it to the test then. My comment: Wow that musta been a downer.

Comments

Well I don't see why this isn't obvious to you... it isn't necessarily healthy. Most people who get laser eye regret it, whether they admit it or not. The most common side effect is dry eye. Patients can go as far as getting surgery by blocking the tear duct, which means the tears wont drain, and even than, you're going to still use eye drops and laser eye isn't something you can reverse. Do you research.

Wooow , selfishh. you definitely have a nice mother. :p

I would want someone else to try something to make sure that it's safe before I did it too.

laliique_31 0

wow! what a caring mommy!! i want her to be my mom! she cares a lot!! (NOT!)

Shadow4i5 3

now you know why you've had different shampoo in tiny unlabelled bottles every day and why your lunch sandwhich fillings are difficult to define. remember all those rare illnesses and allergic reactions you've had growing up? are you about to have an "AHA" moment?!

Tell the bitch that ever since you've gotten it done, you've been seeing demons, and if she values her sanity she should stay visually handicapped. Then enjoy your 20/20 vision life.

You're having your eyes corrected in a very expensive procedure that many people wish they could afford. Quit bitching.