Good boy

By achoo - 27/04/2009 12:52 - United States

Today, I brought back the puppy I adopted for my family. I spent months doing all the research on puppy care with two young children, and at least five hundred dollars for the dog, the supplies, toys… the whole lot. Turns out everyone's allergic to her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 163
You deserved it 8 499

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xXMILKYCHUNKSXx 0

So... I don't get it. I have a cat that my family's allergic to.

arstef90 5

Man, you people are haters. I'm sure nothing's ever slipped y'all's minds before. I understand why the OP forgot: if he or she's not allergic to anything, then checking for allergies wouldn't have crossed his or her mind. That really sucks about the dog.

Comments

jbucklez 0

well i guess you will just have to put your fam up for adoption XD... but that sucks...im sorry

tick_tock 0

That is pretty stupid of you. How hard is it to find a friend with a dog, ask them to bring her/him over and have your family play with it? Bam, you would have found out in a few hours if they were allergic or not. Anyway I hope you don't take the puppy to a shelter! If you paid $500 for the puppy I imagine you got it from a breeder and they will probably take it back. Don't let the dog suffer because of your mistake! If they won't take it back I'm sure a friend of yours would be happy to take it. Alternatively there is medication.

indian_goddess 0

groom her a lot, get rid of the dander.

Its possible to grow over allergies so not all hope is lost. Im allergic to cats, as in loads of snot comes out of my nose and my eyes turn red. But after taking care of the cat of a friend of mine for a few days because she had to visit someone in another country for a few days its troubling me less and less.

you should have tested if anybody is allergic, sorry! now it sucks for everyone... for you, your childrens and maybe also for the puppy ;) well...YDI

Agreed with #27, you should have had your family meet the puppy first; allergies can ruin it.

#19, Really? If you were VERY allergic, wouldn't you not be able to be around fur/ pet dander? That doesn't sound you're that allergic. Severity of allergies differs from person to person. If the families allergies are that bad that they have to take the dog back...... well, i just dont understand why everybody has to get verbally abusive on here. It's so not worth the energy. To # 17- If no one in the family has had allergies, or ANY reaction to pets before, then why would the family waste money on allergy testing for 4+ people? It's a pretty easy assumption that the kids/ family has been around/ spent time with dogs before. No family with kids would just up and by a dog with no consideration. Obviously there has never been a problem in that regard.

mylifeisfuckeddd 0

HAHA #2 so true. I take Claritan myself.