By Haze - 24/11/2015 03:25 - New Zealand - Wellington

Today, my parents finally fulfilled my childhood dream and got a puppy, after years of me nagging at them. The only downside is that I no longer live at home and he's not mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 449
You deserved it 2 215

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you dont live with them whats stopping you from getting your own?

tylermt1999 17

That doesn't mean you can't go visit him! Plus, you could go get one from your local shelter and they could become friends!

Comments

tylermt1999 17

That doesn't mean you can't go visit him! Plus, you could go get one from your local shelter and they could become friends!

Puppies are adorable, just go visit! Or get one on your own!

If you dont live with them whats stopping you from getting your own?

They could easily live in a dorm or in some apartment/house, where they aren't allowing pets.

My boyfriend wants a dog badly, but his work life stops him from being able to. He lives alone, works most of the day and travels weeks at a time for it. There are lots of reasons you can't when you move out. Not having time for a pet is a big one.

Plus, OP wanted a pet while growing up. It's kind of a bummer to want something really badly and your parents never let you, only for them to get it for themselves when you're mostly out of the picture.

What mean parents OP! Just try and convince them to give it to you, or just adopt one!

Maybe they never trusted you to be mature enough to take care of it.

Adopt a puppy of your own so many beautiful dogs are looking for good homes. If you can't adopt one then just go visit your parents one.