Freakout

By LoLWut?? nd Why?? - 16/04/2013 04:01 - United States

Today, I went to a library to return a book that I've had for years. After a heated discussion with the librarian, not only did she charge me over a hundred dollars for the book, she also called the cops to escort me out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 600
You deserved it 47 650

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well you kinda deserve it for having the book for so long...

Bunaf 4

At least you did the right thing in returning the book.

Comments

Well here's an advertisement for the nook or kindle! Maybe the library was trying to make up money due to the sequester, haha!

Same thing happened to me in the 4th grade. The librarian told me that I was better off buying the book for $15 than paying the $70 late fee.

Giluh 19

I understand the fee, but being escorted out seems a little over the top.

OP said there was a "heated discussion." That can probably be translated into "I made a complete jackass out if myself, started banging on the counter and called the Librarian a blood-sucking, money-grubbing bitch." At which point she would have been well within her right to call to cops. He's probably lucky she didn't have a can of pepper spray under the counter.

Should've bought the book in the first place.

I am a librarian myself, bringing back a book that late is inexcusable, particularly if there is a massive waiting list for it and the book is out of print. Buying a replacement copy is a better way to go.

Not exactly. They had it checked out of the OP's name.

jjavier2453 4

thats why you should put your books in the book bin... like i do

That is why they invented the 'book drops'

wanderingshopper 13

Shoulda just apologized and paid.