Foot in mouth syndrome

By Username - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my friend told me that her favourite aunt died last night of a heart attack. The first thing I could think of to say was, "Oh no, is she okay?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 213
You deserved it 40 746

Top comments

oh yeah she's okay, she is just busy being dead is all

Comments

It's unfair to judge OP and call him/her stupid because of what they said.There are a lot of people (me included) that trip up when hearing about a situation as unfortunate as OP's friend. Sometimes it makes people nervous and unsure on how to respond appropriately. So OP doesn't derserve that and I'm sure that their friend understood what he/she was trying to say. A lot of you who comment are so mean.

chanma 0

you spelled favorite wrong lol

zikittyzakitty 0

She used the British spelling.

there's something I don't understand with FML, people often put more "you deserved it" than "your life sucks" when their life really sucks. In the french version (VDM) people really are more tolerant. In this case he/she obviously didn't do it on purpose. In this situation you would have thought your life sucks so why don't you be a bit more understanding.

I understand having slips of the tongue and mixing up your thoughts, but this is just stupid.

it shows that your the type of boyfriend that doesn't listen...

in_strife 0

It shows that you're the kind of user who doesn't read / comprehend statements properly. Not only is gender not mentioned, the FMLposter specifically stated "my friend".

Yeah, she died from a terrible heart attack but luckily she survived.

zuzupetalsYO 11

her aunt died. this is not an FML you insecure mutant.

zuzupetalsYO 11

do they just randomly moderate comments on here or what? I need justification!!

zikittyzakitty 0

This happens to everyone, I'm sure she'll understand.