Felt cute

By dieana - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - Canada - Lacombe

Today, I actually uttered the words, "Those are my good sweatpants." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 319
You deserved it 9 695

Top comments

Why is that a bad thing? I have good sweat pants too. You can be comfortable and still look nice. Sweatpants have come a long way in fashion.

Comments

Demig0d6 14

Always good to have a spare. I see no shame in being comfortable.

and these are the type of FMLs that gets posted

Sounds to me like its time to get out of your winter clothes, shake off that cabin fever, & put those sweats in they're rightful place--in the WAY back of the closet! Hello sunshine. Goodbye sweatpants! :)

How can that accidentally slip out of your mouth? But either way I think for a lot of us wondering what happened

They never said accident. They said, "actually uttered." As in, "this is what my life has come to."

Am I the only one who feels it is completely fine to wear sweat pants in public round here? Maybe that's only an Alabama thang.

It is fine. If you want to end up on People of Wal-Mart's website.

must be a north Carolina thing too :)

It's perfectly acceptable in New York too!

I think it's more a state of mind. People who wear sweatpants all the time will feel it's appropriate. In my opinion they aren't, unless you're going to or coming from the gym or hospital. Sweatpants don't make you look sexy, and I've never heard someone say "oh god, she looks so comfortable, I'd love to get in her sweatpants."

Not everyone is trying to look sexy all the time, or attract a mate to get in their pants.

I've also never heard anyone say "these sweatpants make me feel great." So much about life is looking the part. When I want to feel professional, I dress professional. When I want to feel happy, I dress in bright colors. When I want to feel tired, I wear sweatpants. Obviously clothes aren't the only thing you need to do to be happy or professional, but I wouldn't take someone in an office or at school seriously if they showed up in sweatpants. People notice you and admire you from your attitude and how you present yourself.

cryssycakesx3 22

if you want to be cute in sweats wear the cute yoga/walking pants. I haven't wore actual sweatpants in years.

I wear sweats in public, sometimes. It's normal to see in Texas. Just because you're going out, it doesn't mean you have to put on your sexy clothes. If you're going out to the store or to relax with friends, why get all dressed up? My life is great, I'm starting school in the fall to become a Pediatrician and I myself own a favorite pair of sweats. Your life doesn't have to be terrible to have a favorite pair, OP, it just means you like to be comfortable. Wear your favorite sweats proudly, OP, forget what everyone else thinks about it. If you're comfy, be comfy(:

At 18 you start school to be a pediatrician? That's impressive. Most people are just starting their freshman year of college at that age.

see this is the one thing I noticed in my travels to America. they are the least fashionable country on earth. even the people who try to dress well look like tourists. everyone dresses like tourists, which was ironic since I was the tourist.

They have their own little bubble of what's trendy and the rest of the world laughs in disbelief

Like there were far too many men with beards and lime green poloshirts tucked into high cargo shorts. and woman in a bright purple shirt and light denim flares. and kids in basketball shorts XD