Evil will always win

By Anonymous - 04/05/2020 08:00

Today, I tried to suspend a junior accountant for turning up to work late and stoned 3 separate times. Turns out his uncle is a part owner of the business, so the accountant got to smile his smug little grin as I got yelled at for not minding my own business. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 062
You deserved it 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You need to get another job. You can't work for such a corrupt company. They're either going to fail or they're part of The Cartel. Watch Ozark and see how that shit turns out.

You might want to look for another job if they're okay with an owner's nephew showing up stoned.

Comments

You need to get another job. You can't work for such a corrupt company. They're either going to fail or they're part of The Cartel. Watch Ozark and see how that shit turns out.

mccuish 25

I’ve seen enough shows to know not to work in a corrupt workplace

“Mind the business that pays you” 🙃 No one likes a rat 🐀 find another hobby

You might want to look for another job if they're okay with an owner's nephew showing up stoned.

One of my favorite scenes in "Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" is the neurosurgery scene with the immortal quote as they're doing brain surgery: "Don't tug on that, you don't know what it might be connected to." Corporate life is a minefield. It's a blessing to know what questions to ask. In every organization, there will be "fireproof" employees. In my last job, I was terminated because I failed to carry out surgeries the way my supervisor wanted me to. I am a doctor. He is a high-school graduate, and the owner's nephew. I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did, but every paycheck was an unexpected treasure!

bloopaloop 27

Conversely, you could just accept that as the way it is and keep your job. Besides that if the kid is not getting better prepared for life he’s going to fail big time at some point. You don’t have to be the manifester of that.

Some people do their best work while stoned. 😂