Domestic bliss

By Emma - 08/12/2015 17:23 - United States

Today, I had to hide the entire drawer of kitchen knives under my bed just to keep my mother from stabbing her cheating boyfriend, and slashing his tires. This happens more often than I'd like to admit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 294
You deserved it 1 575

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think it's time to move out, or kick her out. I know she's your mom but that's just psychotic

Sounds like you're the mother in this relationship.

Comments

Please take care of yourself. Look for counseling options for both of you, have a support network, find someone you can trust with what's going on and ask them to be a lifeline. Keep your phone charged and nearby at all times. That's an awful situation to be in, and a dangerous personality to live with.

By hiding the knives, you're not fixing the problem. It's a good temporary solution, but consider trying something like anger management classes for her or a councillor that will help your mother long-term.

tiredofwaiting 25

You should not have to supervise your mother. She should just dump him.

And then she'll find the knives under your bed and yell at you for cutting yourself.

Very few FML posts make me genuinely sad. But OP, your situation is so terrible. If you feel that you or someone is in danger, get out and call the police. If there is someone at school you can talk to, please please do. Your mum needs help, and you need a safe environment.

And don't forget gardening tools. They too can be sharp. Sounds like a volatile situation. And if your mom is on a mission to stab her boyfriend at some point she is going to do it why her you hide the knives or not. What a sad situation to live in. I hope you have somewhere else you can go to. Good luck.

mthurston 14