Creepy

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Tobyhanna

Today, I had to explain to my father that when my friends sleep over, it's not acceptable to sneak into my room in the middle of the night and dig through their stuff. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 959
You deserved it 4 490

Top comments

lilmslady 11

yeah thats not weird at all....

rdenkewicz 11

He must love the Patriot Act!

Comments

I was such a total square who never did drugs, smoked or even drank alcohol that my parents never searched through my stuff because they knew they'd wouldn't find anything.

buttcramp 21

do you have a history of getting into trouble for drugs or drinking underage? If so, this is a consequence.

buttcramp 21

how do we know he didn't ask? he may have asked, they said no, he thought they had something to hide, and acted accordingly. we only know half the story. a parent wouldn't do something like this unless warranted by the actions of the children.

If he asked to check their bags and they said no and he was that terrified of them hiding something he could have refused to let them in the house. And why would you ask if you're going to snoop in their bags anyway? There are a handful of parents who do these kind of things to their kids who never did a single thing wrong in their life. There are a handful of parents who never trusted their own child regardless of what the child did. Saying no parent would do such a thing unless it's the child's fault is like saying parents who are overprotective etc. don't exist.

buttcramp 21

I never put blame on anyone. all I'm trying to say is that maybe OP and the friends exhibited behavior that justified the father's actions.

What action would justify the father's actions? Even if they did drugs or drank alcohol,it's still not right to let them in his house just to snoop in their bags instead of asking for permission to see their bag's content and not letting them into his house if they said no and he felt they are hiding something. Either way his actions wouldn't be justified in my eyes.

buttcramp 21

maybe something of value went missing? we don't know I'm just saying soooomething had to make him think this was a good idea and I would like to know what.

That's an idiotic assumption. As I said,a lot of parents would do this no matter what their child or their child's friends did. Nothing 'had' to happen for him to snoop in their bags. Even if something went missing or they did drugs,it would still be a very bad idea.

doglover100 28

Yeah that's not creepy at all