Coincidence

By lostmystuff - 07/07/2013 06:35 - United States - Livermore

Today, I was moving to my new apartment. I left some furniture outside as I drove to dump the first load at my new place. When I got back, everything was gone. Apparently, today is the day the donation truck was coming around to take everything we don't need. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 748
You deserved it 25 191

Same thing different taste

Top comments

imtooshy 18

You're moving without help? How could you place your furniture outside, not have a friend watch it and actually expect it to still be there when you return? I think this shoulda been common sense.

Well... At least you donated it to someone who will really need it

Comments

They do leave notices about when they are coming...

Go to the shop and see what you can do to get it back if possible...

YDI never leave things on the curb OP. That's like universal language for "free."

Well even though it sucks...at least it went to a good cause

red61977 9

Call the donation company, they should be able to get your stuff back.

Is there any way that you can call them up and explain your situation? Either try to get your furniture back or have them pay you the cost of the furniture so you can by new?

Call the police and tell them someone took all your stuff. Your insurance will cut you a check to get new and even better stuff. when your new stuff gets old just set it outside and someone will take your old stuff and call it their new stuff.

You're assuming it's insured. You'd be amazed at how many people don't have renters insurance. And generally every time you make a claim your premiums spike. You might get a new couch but it will cost you out the ass in the long run.

Not only that, even renter's insurance usually only covers things like fires/burglaries, etc. I don't think, "I left my stuff unguarded on the side of the road" is going to get them anything but a lot of hysterical laughter...

I had to click YDI for this one. Whenever furniture is left outside, it is assumed to be free for the taking. You gotta be careful with that.