Close my eyes

By Anonymous - 12/01/2023 16:00

Spicy
Today, my daughter and her friends (who are all deaf) came home from college to get ready for a big ASL event, or so I thought. The event is Comic Con for the deaf and the girls stayed up late, signing about “all the dick they were going to catch” and using lazy euphemisms. I understand ASL; they didn’t care. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 120
You deserved it 358

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They are in college. Logic leads me to think they are adults. Just throw them a few boxes of condoms and stress you want them to be safe.

I believe your daughter is forcing you to accept that she is an adult. It’s your job to accept that but tell her to be careful.

Comments

They are in college. Logic leads me to think they are adults. Just throw them a few boxes of condoms and stress you want them to be safe.

Each generation creates their own slang to differentiate them from the generation previous. Young adults tend to use slang more often in their language to help cement their own separate identity and feel belonging in their peer group. Might be time to cut the apron strings!

I believe your daughter is forcing you to accept that she is an adult. It’s your job to accept that but tell her to be careful.

It seems to me that Deaf Comic Con, where presumably deaf people using ASL will be attending, *is* an ASL event. But you know, you do you I guess.

They're adults. The most concerning thing about this is their health and using the phrase "catching dick" like they're in the next season of Euphoria.

I've heard deaf girls go straight to coitus since they're no good at aural sex.

The idea of a bunch of mute/deaf girls silently signing about how layed they are going to get is a very amusing image.

If the event isn't called Deafcom 1 you should be worried. There's clearly no one with any taste there.

If this upsets you, I have very bad news about what girls do and say when they're away from home. Hint: they use their hands for a lot more than just signing about dick.

I'd be upset if my kids were using lazy euphemisms, too. I'm not going to waste 18 years of my life raising an idiot.