Classic line

By LonelyMe - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff

Today, my boyfriend of a year broke up with me by saying, "It's not you, it's me. I have a terrible taste in women." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 866
You deserved it 3 401

Top comments

It sounds like you both have horrible taste.

unknown_user5566 26

Normally I hate that cliche line, but, he WAS honest... I'm confused about how I should feel.

Comments

Maybe he meant that he has terrible taste in women and that's why he doesn't want you? Stupid thing to say no matter how he meant it... FYL, OP.

intelliDude 7

Bazinga! That was a pretty creative way to insult somebody. I'd give him credit for that.

Creative? The whole "its not you its me" is a cliche. Its used all the time. As for the second sentence if you thought that was creative and worthy of praise, you're just as big of a fucktard as he is.

51- I'm almost positive he was joking... You can't take everyone seriously on this site...

That's a polite way of saying "It's not me, it's you" without actually saying it. Sorry, OP. It's you.

I laughed at this FML. Thought it was pretty damn creative. Maybe an FML but he earns points for creativity. Just another break up. They can move on

Hiimhaileypotter 52

What a dick! You can do waaay better.

How do you know she can do way better? Have you met op, or the boyfriend, or witnessed the extent of their relationship? Do you know both their characters? Please refrain from commenting if you are going to comment a false, cliché answer.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I wasn't saying it as a "clichéd" answer; I was responding in accordance to the FML. Going off of what we are told IN THE FML, OP does, in fact, deserve better. I'm not taking into account the fact that OP could be a complete shallow bitch in every way possible. Because it could go either way. We're just not told in the FML. Also, please don't tell me not to comment. Thanks! :)

Since pretty much everyone is saying "what a douchebag/dick/asshole" and other insults. It could be OP that's the problem. She could be the anti-Christ of all girlfriends and the bitchiest bitch in the west.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

We don't know what OP's like, so we're going off of the FML. And based upon the FML, her ex is pretty much an asshole for breaking up with her like that. EDIT: This comment was meant to be in response to someone else's that isn't here now... So now I look like an idiot replying to my own post xD

astralvagan 20

Wow, what a jackass.... All I can say is its good that you're now free to find someone better!

iamzikang 17

OP, you deserve better. Don't let him put you down.

Why does almost everyone assume OP is the victim? For all we know she could be the bitchiest bitch in the west. So to speak.

unknown_user5566 26

Because this is FML. Apparently no one here has ever broken up with someone simply because it wasn't working out.

Here on FML, we love to give the benefit of the doubt to the OP, a fellow FMLer.

If it simply wasn't working out, he probably wouldn't be such an ass about it, unless she just falls for douchebags

agonydrum 7

I'm siding with 25, I hate how everyone is always trying to be so positive and uplifting on this site, I miss when people used to talk shit to each other, I say **** op and she probably had it coming

Maybe she is just like kyle's mom? "oh! Kyle's mom is a bitch, she is a big fat bitch..."

perdix 29

Let's try to put some positive spin on this fat turd of a dump line. Maybe he's saying he's leaving you for a much worse woman than you, and because of his bad taste, he's choosing the truck-stop ***** over the fine, upstanding woman. That should lift your spirits. YWIA.