Cheat!

By cat lady - 07/01/2016 03:38 - United States - Netcong

Today, I found out the reason why my cat would sometimes go outside for days at a time was because when she would go out, my neighbor would lure her in with cat treats and keep her there for up to 2 days. She's an indoor cat now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 957
You deserved it 2 068

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MikaykayUnicorn 36

I had a neighbor try to steal my dog once. He had gotten outside without a leash (we were still trying to get him used to the area; he'd get lost if he was out on his own) and she picked him up while she was driving in her car and was about to take him home. My dad had been walking around and stopped her car to ask if she had seen our dog, and she said no. My dad noticed she had something in a towel and asked what it was, and that's when our dog barked and stuck his head out. Our dog is meant to help my dad with his PTSD and this random lady was about to just take him from us. Some people are really inconsiderate of others and will pick up and keep any animal they think is cute.

BloodyGlass 10

Did you rip that bitch a new one and threaten her with the police if she tried to steal your cat again?

Comments

bloodsweatandtea 5

I know that a lot of outdoor cats have multiple families feeding them because they are assumed to be strays or not very well cared for but when it gets to the point of not letting the cat leave and keeping them for extended periods of time then it gets out of hand.

That is so rude of your neighbour. I wish others would respect what's not theirs.

sorry but it sounds like something I would or try too but my dad had really bad experiences with cats or a least play with it it was a good idea

Not even just that, try to take the animal from their FAMILY. It's disgusting and hurts both the family and animal. Unless it's not properly cared for, there's NO reason to kidnap a loved pet.

omg I'm always close to my neighbors so I never thought of that #83

I guess we stole a cat once. It was our neighbour's cat, a tabby called Pepper. She was so lovely, friendly and gentle. I was only a kid, but I adored her. I'd spend hours keeping her company before she lived with us. He was an awful man, and what you'd call a 'nightmare neighbour'. She belonged to his ex-girlfriend and her kid. (Who was not allowed to play with me because of his dislike of our family. We were no older than six or seven at most.) When she left him, she left the cat too. He made her live outside for years, he had no affection for her, and not once did he ever let her in the house or acknowledge her other than to leave food out in a bowl. If it got soggy and horrible in the rain, so be it. If it was storming, raining, or even the dead of winter, she was still not allowed in. I felt so sad for her. She was so nice, she didn't deserve that. We never lured her in, not once. But I started going out and feeding her bits of ham, our kitchen door opened right to where she'd always be sitting, looking so sad and hungry. One day she came into the kitchen, and I waited til she wandered back out, and closed the door. She decided she didn't like that, and the next time she came in she refused to leave, so she began living with us. We never forced her to stay with us. She'd been an outdoor only cat for years, and we wouldn't take that away from her. The neighbour knew she'd been staying in our house, and other than a few mean and snarky comments he never asked for her back. We would have given him to her if he had. It would have been awful, but we wouldn't have had a choice. We'd have offered payment for her, and I know my sister and I would have begged for her if we had to. But he never asked. Once or twice he even seemed to imply tacit approval. We adored her. When I think of her, I remember her laying out in front of the fireplace, purring and happy, finally warm and loved like she deserved. My whole life, I've never known a better cat. I doubt I ever will. She lived with us for maybe two years, maybe more, maybe a little less, before he decided to move. The day he did, Pepper went missing. We never saw her again.

jessenia123 27

omg that's really sad I'm really sorry

Pepper was loved. If you're taking an animal from an abuse or neglect situation it's completely justified. Don't ever feel sorry for that- there's a difference. You're taking them away from unnecessary harm and bad treatment, not from a random fine environment. Pepper didn't know how lucky she was, but I'm sure as hell she knew how happy she was to be with a loving family.

The cat shoudl always have been indoors. You are lucky the neighbor didn't have worse intentions. You might not even HAVE a cat anymore.

cats should be kept indoors anyways. ydi

Any animal I find in my yard is subject to trapping and being sent to animal control. YDI.

takeittoem 8

Even if you lure it there intentionally? That's bullshit, and is probably illegal where you live.

our old neighbor use to do this with my mom's cat. when we were moving we had to go get our cat and she asked to keep her.. um no lady we've had that cat for years !

Why do people do creepy shit like that? If your neighbor likes cats so much she should just get her own.

From what somebody told me above, they said shelters can run background checks on you to make sure that the pet you're planning to adopt will go into good hands once they leave the shelter and enter your home. Maybe the neighbor doesn't meet the qualifications to be able to adopt one.