Cackle

By easily amused - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I discovered my 10 month-old is terrified of my laugh. Every time I start to laugh, she screams in terror. It's getting depressing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 611
You deserved it 4 571

Top comments

Let me guess, does metal relax her as well?

OK, that is kinda tough, but don't stop laughing. In fact, laugh MORE so that she'll get used to it. I knew a ababy boy like this, he outgrew it with lots of exposure :)

Comments

Jst4kicks 16

sorry op but thats pretty funny lol

happyfingers 15

Hahaha That sucks XD Don't worry too much about it though, the kid'll get used to it over time. Lots of babies are scared of the sound of sneezing or laughing but how many grown adults do you see that scream in terror from those things? Exactly. You'll be fine.

She'll get over it. Or used to it. While you wait for her to get used to it maybe try to laugh softer in her presence. Or try to think of something that'll make her laugh while you laugh. Don't worry. I don't think it will last long. Hang in there.

It's just a phase with babies, sounds start to scare them. It must be tough, but it'll get better

My nieces were all afraid of my laugh when they were little cause it sounds "like a villain".

She's little it may change in the future...

When one of my little cousins was a baby, she would cry just by looking at me.

Sounds like you got a viral YouTube video just waiting to be found!

My daughter was the same way when she was little. It made me feel horrible! Fortunately she's 4 now and we laugh together all of the time :)

Well, What is your daughter happy about