Bunch of bankers

By Anonymous - 03/11/2009 19:49 - United States

Today, I got stopped at the bank by security for carrying a weapon and threatened to call the police. I had to prove my “metal stick” was not a weapon. I'm partially paralyzed in one of my feet and have to walk with a cane. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 122
You deserved it 2 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

DUDE YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE USE THAT LINE TO ROB BANKS? THEY JUST HAD TO MAKE SURE. CHILL

@21 How is this a lawsuit? OP- Talk to the manager and have them put a note on your account.. and if they give you a hard time find a new bank.

If you have a valid Concealed Weapon Permit it is perfectly legal to carry a weapon into a bank. I suspect there is more to this story than what you've written, because a bank's security guard would not hassle you for simply having a weapon. Brandishing it yes, threatening with it yes, but simply having it no. http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/tchlaws0102.pdf Q: Where can I not take my handgun? A: Handguns and other weapons can not be carried at schools or on school buses, at polling places, in courts and court offices, at racetracks and at secured airport areas. The law also specifically prohibits handguns from businesses where alcohol is sold if more than half of their revenue is from the sale of alcohol for on-premises consumption, and from locations where high school, college or professional sporting events are taking place. You may not carry handguns in hospitals or nursing homes, amusement parks, places of worship or at government meetings if signs are posted prohibiting them. Businesses also may post signs prohibiting handguns on their premises based on criminal trespass laws. (Notice banks are not mentioned.)

MaddogTotten 0

You do realize that you are quoting either a federal law or a state specific law? Try using that defense in Illinois. States still have the individual right to ban concealed weapons pretty much wherever they want, or everywhere.

The original poster claimed to be in Texas; I quoted Texas law.

MaddogTotten 0

It was perdix that claimed Texas, but your point makes mores sense to me know. It IS pretty much a free for all there "but your honor, he looked at me cross ways".

stoobo 0

Why did some of you pick "YDI" are you people retarded?

nyuu1234 0
polarpaul 0

That'd be considered a get away vehicle.

@ak2103 The bank would fall under the "Businesses also may..." part.

Only if it's posted so... I've yet to see a bank that was.

alwaysalady 0

How the hell do you not recognize a cane? I mean seriously. Even more so, how do you not recognize a person who needs a cane? If your foot is paralyzed then you will definalty have a some sort of limp going on