Bridezilla

By NotBridezilla - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Klamath Falls

Today, after waiting 3 months until my friend's wedding was done being celebrated, I announced my engagement. My newlywed friend bitched me out for "stealing" all of the attention and being selfish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 417
You deserved it 883

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Be leery OP she sounds like the type of friend who would wear her wedding dress to your ceremony.

Mysterybounty 6

Comments

Reminds me of my mother in law. For 5 months leading up to her wedding, nobody was allowed to talk about anything else around her as "her head was full of wedding stuff." and then the same for months afterwards. She got mad at people wanting to have birthday parties, talk about work promotions, or in any way acknowledge that the world did not revolve around her. When I married her son, the only thing about t that interested her was complaining that the day we picked was inconvenient (because it was during football season) and that we didn't include HER favorite poem on our wedding invites. I MIGHT have forgot to point out to her that her "amazing homemade wedding invitations" she had put together listed the wrong date...so that a lot of people didn't even show up to the bid day. I'm not a good person.

Damn waiting 3 months that friend doesn't deserve you because I wouldn't have waited that long lol

AirBusDriver 23

I'm gonna side with the bride here, depending on when you revealed your engagement, she might have a reason to be upset, let's say if you revealed it during the reception afterwards... i've had friends do this and it's really annoying. (Not done to me but other friends)

She revealed it three months after the wedding. The bridezilla was just a drama queen.

Unless the wedding went for three months, I really don't think OP is in the wrong here. OP was gracious enough to wait that long to announce it. OP's friend is just being an attention *****.

cootiequeen4444 11

Uh, okay. Good luck with the pregnancy then, 37.

I believe she is referring to the newlywed bride of three months, as in "wow pregnancy hormones must be really strong for her to have reacted that way"

I realize I might have read this the wrong way so don't get all pissy

You waited until 3 months after the wedding or you announced it at their wedding? Because the latter makes you a crappy human being.

saffy66 34

Who does she think she is? God help her friends if and when she gets pregnant. She'll be milking that pig till the kid is grown. Tell her to wake up to herself.