Blind love

By sorry - 25/11/2019 01:00 - United States - Columbus

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me because I slightly hesitated when she asked if she was beautiful. I am blind. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 578
You deserved it 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

You hesitated because you were trying to figure out of she was a moron for even asking you such a question, right?

I say good riddance. if she can't handle a slight hesitation, what would she do when real relationship trials come up. find someone who has the patience and willingness to work through issues, even if they don't come out on top

Comments

Sorry, that's no excuse! The answer is always an immediate yes. You're supposed to think she's beautiful inside and out.

that may be the case, but its a very shitty reason to break up with someone, given the circumstances. how is he supposed to know if shes beautiful or not if he literally cant see what she looks like? And it doesn't sound like she's beautiful on the inside either, seeing as she decided his slight hesitation warrented a termination of their relationship. In my opinion, this OP dodged a bullet.

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

Did you tell her you was blind? and its such a misconception that people think blind means you can't see

I see what you mean. (Not a pun) As there’s varying degrees of blindness, it’s easily possible that OP might just see things as huge blurs, or even just can’t make out small details.

Well, that chick sounds insensitive as hell.

I say good riddance. if she can't handle a slight hesitation, what would she do when real relationship trials come up. find someone who has the patience and willingness to work through issues, even if they don't come out on top

Mathalamus 24

There's area so you don't hesitate. 99% of the time, it *will* be taken as an insult.

tounces7 27

You hesitated because you were trying to figure out of she was a moron for even asking you such a question, right?

"How did you type this then?" Easy. There are many programs and settings in various computers and phones that make them accessible to the visually impaired. I worked as a customer service rep/tech support for as cell phone company. A co-worker was completely blind. The computer and headset were set up so that she could hear the customer in one ear, and the computer would read to her in the other. She also had an iPhone set up to read to her anything under her fingers. Technology is not solely the realm of the sighted. Next question?

Fishing for compliments is bad. Asking for them is needy.

E2dav 5

No way that was the real reason. She was too chicken to tell you really why

She’s probably a fat pig trying to take advantage of you.