Biohazard

By Bloody Nose - 16/04/2016 05:14 - United States - Saint Louis

Today, I had the longest, bloodiest, bloody nose ever when I was at work. I got blood on a few materials as I was running to the restroom. I work in a food factory, so everything had to be sanitized and thrown out. Now management wants me to pay for everything we had to throw out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 739
You deserved it 1 990

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I used to work in an assembly line making sandwiches and I got fired because we had a surprise inspection and I was wearing gloves and a medical mask, which apparently caused unnecessary alarm. I had the flu and I had tried to call in sick every day for the past 3 days and had been told I would be fired if I didn't show up. I guess common sense is not all that common in the food production industry!

It was an accident. You don't have to pay for anything.

Comments

Don't pick your nose so much then, eh?

Yes that is the only ever cause of a bloody nose, moron

Bloody nose doesn't only happen because of nose picking, #1. -.-

I have a hereditary bleeding disorder and get random bloody noses at least three times a week.

I don't think that was relevant to the conversation

Today, I realised that no-one on a popular entertainment website is capable of identifying humour. FML.

It was an accident. You don't have to pay for anything.

hellobobismyname 24

Exactly. Refuse to pay. The law should be on your side with this one.

Moreso because it's a medical accident.

websphere69 27

wow, that's a bloody mess now to be in. Not sure that they can make you do that if it wasn't your fault though.

Wow I'm sorry OP. You shouldn't be held responsible for something that was not your fault.

I used to work in an assembly line making sandwiches and I got fired because we had a surprise inspection and I was wearing gloves and a medical mask, which apparently caused unnecessary alarm. I had the flu and I had tried to call in sick every day for the past 3 days and had been told I would be fired if I didn't show up. I guess common sense is not all that common in the food production industry!

That's how it was when I worked at subway, so I said "fine then fire me. I'm not getting the whole town sick because the manager doesn't want to cover shifts for anyone" bleh

you could actually get a lawyer for that, and you'd probably win the case too.

CrassKal 27

14, If you can afford a lawyer, which I would say most people working at Subway couldn't.

To be honest I wasn't too upset; it was more than a little bit worrying that taking sensible hygiene precautions when making food was not only considered unnecessary but was actually 'alarming'.

#8 and #13, kudos to you for being such responsible people and minding others! I wish at least more, if not all, workers would be this sensible! Major respect to you guys.

Tell them to kiss your ass, they can't make you pay for it. If they try to I'd sue, they can only write it off as a loss