BIKES?!

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I rode my bike to work. Once there, I realized I'd forgotten my bike lock. For fear of it being stolen, I quickly rode home and took my car instead. When I later got home, I realized my bike was missing. Someone stole it from my backyard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 705
You deserved it 6 287

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, you must have been really early the first time.

angel12689 0

Um.... Why is this labeled intimacy? Does someone need a dictionary?

Comments

thealliance 0
ky_stone22 0

hahaha well that's just a bitch! sorry man

ironyyyyyy (must be said in a sing-song voice).

If you were so concerned about it getting stolen at work, why not put the bike in the garage or somewhere in your house if you don't have a garage? Why not use the bike lock and lock it up? THINK. Your backyard is not padlocked. Assholes can steal anything thats not tied down.

I don't know what your job is, but most jobs would have a safe place you can keep it without a lock. All but one of the jobs I've had, anyway.

Depending where she lives, bikes might not be that common. I would expect at least a pole/rack she could attach to with her lock, but not necessarily a protected area to leave it that wouldn't require her lock. My first thought here was FML, because you don't generally "deserve" having things stolen from you. But then again, the whole reason you drove it home was so that you'd be able to keep it secure. Why didn't you lock it up when you got back?

when you rode back home....couldn't you have just gotten the bike lock then? or were you just too tired to ride your bike back to work again?

Just do what college kids do and take one of the bike wheels off and take it into the office with you!

lol123mely 0

lmao #46, is that even true?