Big boy

By Rjlup - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Denver

Today, I took my pet rabbit to the vet because I had noticed his genitals looked swollen compared to my other rabbit's. It turns out he's just "gifted". The vet laughed at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 160
You deserved it 7 298

Top comments

crackmore278 13

Comments

That rabbit's gonna wave em around like he's proud. He doesn't need to get a 4x4 truck like those compensating fellas out there.

WonkeyDonkey 10

Looks like you will have to name your rabbit "Hung" LOL

MiloBear 11

I know someone who did the same thing with her rat. She didn't know that male rats' balls grow to the size of their head. She thought he had a tumour.

I've done the same with one of my fancy mice. Tumors are really common amongst rats and mice so I'm always freaking out when I feel or notice something a little out of wack with them. :p

haha, kinda embarrassing, but at least you care for your pet! :D

I would have done the same thing. And come on, you have to laugh too.

Nolimit2217 32

I want to be disturbed that you checked out your pet's junk.. but I like the fact you care enough to be concerned. Good on you for being a decent pet owner!

I "hop" this was good news for you. I know you found it some "big" news.

Well it's great that it's nothing serious but you REALLY couldn't have googled that before wasting the vets time??

Because google is better than having a trained vet look at it in person.

It depends on the problem. If they'd gotten bigger than they were before then no, obviously take him to the vet. But, if in this case, you just happen to see them for the first time, think they look bigger than another rabbit's, but have no real idea what the usual size is either way then yes, it's better to take the time to research it before bothering a professional with your inane problems. Obviously if you're still not sure then you should take them to the vet anyway to be safe but that doesn't mean it isn't also good to research problems beforehand. I once read a story on a similar site about someone rushing to the vet because their male dog had nipples. Do you really think in that case it wouldn't have been better to Google it first?

graceinsheepwear 33

So do the emergency services...doesn't mean you waste their time. It's possibile there were other animals more in need of a vet who couldn't get an appointment. Besides, that might be great for the vet but it's not so great for the pet owner. Even if it's not much, I'm sure OP would rather not have another bill to pay.

I just googled it (I must remember to clean my history) but most stuff you get is about how it could be a problem and that testicular cancer is common with rabbits, but that rabbits also have fairly big testicles, so it might as well be normal. If I were OP I'd probably go to the vet anyway, because the answers on google are pretty inconclusive. Besides, looking at a pets balls shouldn't take that long should it?

Well that's fair enough. But still, if OP had done that then she would have been more prepared for such an answer and thus less embarassed. And, regarding pay, that was my initial thought too but I believe a lot of vets actually charge a set fee just for you showing up (with additional costs for medicine, surgery, etc. on top), rather than paying by time.