Being boring

By dicedicebaby - 23/03/2015 00:20 - United States - Columbus

Today, I had my 18th birthday party. At midnight, three police officers showed up at my door and asked if they could look around. Were we doing anything bad? Nope. My friends suck at parking. Before they left, the officers said that this was the most toned down party they'd seen in years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 699
You deserved it 3 437

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Toned down doesn't mean a bad thing, i always find parties where you just have a laugh the best anyway.

The best parties are the quiet ones :) my favourite birthday party was when me and 3 close friends went to see a movie and then they all slept over. Hope it was an awesome toned down party :)

Comments

this isn't so bad. there is always next year!

MetalxSoldier 26

There is nothing wrong with a tranquil party as long as you're having fun. He should be happy. It could have been worse like going to jail on his birthday which is not fun. Trust me.

It's not about having the biggest party. The important thing is having your friends with you celebrating.

I had a great time going to jail on my birthday. I guess your mileage may vary on that one.

Toned down doesn't mean a bad thing, i always find parties where you just have a laugh the best anyway.

The best parties are the ones that you have fun with your favorite people.

assassinbanana0 20

He just complimented them on having a quiet party..?

The best parties are the quiet ones :) my favourite birthday party was when me and 3 close friends went to see a movie and then they all slept over. Hope it was an awesome toned down party :)

martin8337 35

no smoking, drinking or chilling.

Quite a show of force for a parking infraction. They'll use any excuse to poke their noses into something. Did you stand up and yell "I can't breathe!"?

The quote is supposed to read "I can't breathe!". Edited it 3 times and it still wouldn't show up correctly.

I'm assuming the officers thought they were drinking and driving and felt obligated to check on an underage party.

they should fine your friends for that!

As long as you had a good time is all that matters. I'll never understand why broken things, throwing up and feeling like crap all day the day after is the standard for a "great"party.

katydid91 31

Right?! What's wrong with a quiet evening with good friends and maybe some board games?

It's the terminology. When people hear party, they think of keggers and ragers. So the 'party scale' is skewed that way. A good rule of thumb: If no one gets naked it's probably not a party.

Normally if all those things happen people usually tend to have a fun time. It's much like a concert. If you go and lose your voice and come out drenched in your sweat, then it was probably an awesome concert. Same with a party, if you come out drunk then you probably had a good time. That's not to say you need to do all these things it's just common for big parties.