Barking up the wrong tree

By yblamemebiatch - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - Australia - Sydney

Today, I found out a colleague spread lies about me because she somehow thinks I'm to blame for the hot guy at work not wanting to date her. Perhaps she should blame his fiancé. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 705
You deserved it 1 421

Top comments

Take it as a sort of crude compliment... She thinks you're attractive enough for him to notice you over her.

Comments

Well that's an impressive display of crazy. Hope you saved any evidence for HR, I think it's more than justified to take it to them.

Take it as a sort of crude compliment... She thinks you're attractive enough for him to notice you over her.

Sorry op, some people just don't know how to deal with rejection.

Well OP is a female, so she couldn't be a fiancé, but rather a fiancée.

Murilirum 23

This is actually a really solid follow up question.

Soverain 15

Judging how OP worded it by saying she should blame the fiancé instead implies there is another person involved.

It sounds like he's gay and engaged to another guy but she could've meant fiancée, which would be a woman.

mwali02 32

My thoughts also. I tend to believe that people pinning after folks in relationships have some deep rooted issues going on. Just ignore her, keep your head up high, and keep walking OP. Do your job well while you are at work, and get out when the shift is over, ignoring her craziness. Without the attention and drama, she's got nothing going for her. Good luck OP.

Is she hot.. Then **** her!! Else let her go , god has done enough bad to her

She sounds like a wonderful, kind person. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't be interested, fiance or not.

Well statistically there's a 50% chance he'll be single again in the next 4 or 5 years....so if she's obsessed , then there is that glimmer of twisted hope

tantanpanda 26

This drives me crazy. Just because divorce rates are 50% (not even sure if that's true) doesn't mean someone has a 50% chance of having that happen. It's like a university with an 8% acceptance rate. Having a shit gpa and horrible sat score doesnt mean your chances are 8%. If a couple has a terrible relationship, they're more likely to divorce than a really strong couple. The 50% is a gross understatement of the nuances of actual divorce rates. Sorry, I just had to rant.

The divorce statistic you're talking about takes into account people that have been divorced multiple times which skews the results. That said the year of marriage is said to be the hardest.

Well considering it says fiancé rather than fiancée, I would assume it means the object of OP's coworkers eye is gay.

browniesareluv 9

I think this is a great comment, why all the bad votes

Well technically it is 50%. They're either gonna divorce or they won't. 50-50.

No, "his" is correct. From how the FML is worded, the colleague is blaming OP for her inability to score a date with the hot guy, when in fact she should be blaming the hot guy's fiancé (or fiancée, depending on which one was meant in the FML as it's not too late to rule out a typo).

I was stating it could be a possibility. (This was before a STAFF member stated it wasn't a typo, so keep that in mind.) I wasn't correcting the FML post. I was correcting the person who was correcting the FML post.