Bad sitter

By Kelli - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was taking care of a friend's hamster. Thinking the hamster wanted to make a bed, I put some cotton balls in his cage so he would be comfy. He promptly ate them and died. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 380
You deserved it 42 943

Top comments

FYLDeep 25

Reminds me of the time I babysat my friend's babies and gave them plastic bags.

Comments

actully my hamster uses cotten balls to make his bed, i have had 2 other hamsters before and they did the same.

exactly I always gave cotton balls to my hamsters, them ripped them appart and slept on it. One of them also used it as a "door" to keep the inside of the little house dark =) I'm finding it VERY weird how many people are saying youre not supposed to give cotton to hamsters.. Very weird indeed.

skgirl 0

OP no offense but YDI for putting in cotton that's just dumb feel guilty

wow, you really should of realized that hamsters are not super intelligent beings. it most likely had never seen cotton balls before. Also, what do you think that fur is for?

Chipi427 0

I hope your friend went over to your house and fed you pet golf balls till it died of internal bleading, then kicked your ass. You are evil and cruel to animals!! Im calling the Humane society on you!

yes because killing other pets in revenge isn't evil and cruel you stupid hoe, i hope some one kicked your ass for saying it asshole

stupid hamster eating the cotton balls is like a 3rd of hid bodyweight

I used to give my hamsters toilet paper they loved it . but i havent owned a hamster since i watched one jump outta my moms hands bteak its back and then live for 3 days after that paralyzed from the middle down then he died . now i cant even hold a hamster it freaks me out.

I don't usually insult people over the internet, but I am honestly amazed by your stupidity. YDI, and YFDI for trusting the life of their pet to someone who probably couldn't think her way out of 2nd grade math.

ahole1212 3

what the hell. what has this to do with that OP 'probably couldn't think her way out of 2nd grade math'.... you where probably so dumb you had to repeat pre-school,, twice.

YDI. You should've at least done some research before giving the hamster a cotton ball. >.> Give him/her toilet paper or commercial bedding from the pet store, not cotton balls.

I had a hamster and they do use bedding material he made himself a bed all the time it's not the ops fault

RiahDawn 0

Um theres a reason they hav bedding for rodents