Bad influence

By I'm depressed and I'm not an irredeemable asshole - 20/08/2022 14:00

Today, I told my friend that I don't like spending time around one of her other friends. He's a hardcore Trumpist, who goes out of his way to make people uncomfortable, and be as cruel as possible at every opportunity. She uninvited me from our weekly game nights, because, "He's lonely and depressed." FML
I agree, your life sucks 867
You deserved it 341

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You need to cut her out of your life, too. She's too close to the cancer and might get metastasized.

"Goes out of his way to make people uncomfortable, and be cruel as possible at every opportunity", um, yes, her friend should be kicked.

Comments

You need to cut her out of your life, too. She's too close to the cancer and might get metastasized.

Ben Deigheau 8

It’s just like COVID - not going away and we all have to decide how we’re going to live with it. For some relationships, a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy has been effective for me, while for others I just had to end the relationship.

While it sucks you got uninvited you did had it coming. Should she have uninvited him just because you don't like him?

"Goes out of his way to make people uncomfortable, and be cruel as possible at every opportunity", um, yes, her friend should be kicked.

Yes. The friend had to choose between the OP and the MAGgot. She could have had one or the other, but not both.

"Gee, I wonder WHY he's 'lonely and depressed'? Oh, maybe it's because no one's putting up with his crap but you..."

sounds like you're the only 1 with a problem...I would've cut you out too. I would rather lose 1 vs my whole group.