Back to square one

By HomeChump - 28/09/2016 05:49 - United States - Chicago

Today, I was so proud I'd fixed the toilet with a hardware store part without even having to call a plumber. As I happily put the lid back on the tank, I dropped the lid, which broke the tank, spilling water everywhere. Now I need a new toilet, a new floor, and I have to call the plumber. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 157
You deserved it 2 589

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Op has it all figured out 1.Fix toilet without calling a plumber 2.Break newly fixed toilet 3.call plumber to fix toilet 4.????????? 5.Profit

I ant even think of anything witty. That straight up sucks.

Comments

I ant even think of anything witty. That straight up sucks.

tounces7 27

It's not that hard to install a new toilet, honestly, it's like one of the easiest things I do as a plumber. OP could -maybe- do it....umm, if she can figure out that whole "Putting the lid on the tank" thing.

Evidently, lots of people think your clever insertion of "straight up" in that tired, old cliche "That sucks" counts as witty. Congrats.

It's unfortunate that the efforts of your hard work tanked so quickly. Hopefully, you can put a lid on the situation before it all goes down on the toilet again.

Op has it all figured out 1.Fix toilet without calling a plumber 2.Break newly fixed toilet 3.call plumber to fix toilet 4.????????? 5.Profit

Sounds like a Cards Against Humanity scenario to me.

RpiesSPIES 27

Part 3B is setting up a camera system for the obvious incoming **** scenario.

RichardPencil - you must have failed Memes 101.

No, I've used the n. ???? n+1. Profit meme before, many times. This thing was a major cascading loss.

everyone is concerned about OP's toilet. I'm just here , thinking about how he's supposed to take a dump now.

Hover and bombs away down the sewer line of course (assuming the entire toilet is removed. Or if the bowl is still there, do your business and then get a bucket of water and pour it in. It'll create the needed water pressure to cause it to flush.

Least now you know you can fix whatever problem you had by yourself

Perfect opportunity to upgrade to one with a heated toilet seat. You'll be glad you did.

Home repair projects are just flushing money down the ....

Nerd14 9

Oh! I know this. "...money down the drain." Did I win?

You should be able to buy just the tank and lid at any home improvement store.

I honestly didn't know that. That way he won't have to purchase an entire new toilet.

what i was thinking too. glad you said it

hobbs96 26

He doesn't seem to be very savvy with home improvement...

Lizzy500 16

So a bathroom floor cant handle getting wet?

I was wondering that too. Unless OP panicked and couldn't figure out how to turn off the water flow, most tanks do not hold enough water to do much damage to a floor. Bathroom floors are (usually) designed with the occasional water seepage in mind.

That sounds unbelievably frustrating. But hey, you still did fix it yourself initially, and you can still feel good about that.