Baby bird blues

By nerderer - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Duluth

Today, I walked outside to get the paper, and saw a dying bird I assumed had flown into the window. It was warm so I thought it might still be alive. I wasn't wearing my glasses though, and was trying to nurse a dog turd back to life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 421
You deserved it 11 696

Top comments

Wow OP you must be pretty blind without your glasses if you thought that dog turd was a bird not the best way to start your day I say definitely FYL.

Comments

Wow OP you must be pretty blind without your glasses if you thought that dog turd was a bird not the best way to start your day I say definitely FYL.

mds9986 24
Ted_brosby 4

Pictured OP as Velma from scoobie doo when she loses her glasses.

S13rra01257 19

I'm just wondering how many rounds of CPR they did... "ONE TWO THREE *BREATHE*"

But with vision that bad without glasses, why not, y'know, wear them?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Not everyone likes contacts or can't even wear them

mds9986 24

Yeah, some people really hate that incredibly painful burning feeling you get for 3 seconds after you put them in.

Doesn't even burn. It's just uncomfortable. If you keep with it, over time you can touch your eye and it not bother you.

Suaria 38

It sounds like you don't clean your contacts well enough. The only time I have burning sensation putting in contacts is when I don't clean them well enough. It does feel uncomfortable and that is why I like wearing glasses a lot better.

Poor turd. It didn't wanna come alive again . It had already been digested once. Seriously you must have a strong prescription to get those confused . It sucks but is extremely funny to me .

Do you even have a dog that you found that, I guess, outside your door/window?

And can we talk texture for a moment? Never once in my life have I thought, "Oh, this dog turd feels like a pretty little bird!" And as a very, very older sibling, I've touched many throughout the years. Mostly because of pranks. And wasn't it moist if it was still warm?

I was wondering as well if OP could or couldn't smell it. If it's still warm then it probably still had a smell...

CyberSeeker 20

I couldn't even process this

1) Op thinks she saw a dying bird. 2) It turned out to be turd. 3) Op made the mistake as she wasn't wearing her Spectacles. Easy as 1,2,3.

op also seems to have no sense of touch or smell

Must've been one weird looking turd