Army blues

By Anonymous - 13/03/2024 16:00 - United States

Today, I had to leave my school's JROTC program because my mother doesn't want me in it, and won't pay for my uniforms. The worst part was the conversation with my Master Sergeant, for whom I have the utmost respect for. He told me, "You're a soldier. Keep your head up." I don't think a soldier would be crying as I am now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 460
You deserved it 120

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One possible silver lining you may be able to snag - see if your Master Sergeant will give you a letter of recommendation when you go to college and see if you can gain admission to a military academy.

JIMMY2CHAINZ_84 1

keep your head up. military members are human. we all cry sometimes.

Comments

JIMMY2CHAINZ_84 1

keep your head up. military members are human. we all cry sometimes.

The time will come when you don’t need your parents permission. Then you can make your choice and decisions. Just be sure that you are able to support yourself by that time.

Got to be other ways to get money for uniforms.

One possible silver lining you may be able to snag - see if your Master Sergeant will give you a letter of recommendation when you go to college and see if you can gain admission to a military academy.

TomeDr 24

You’re also a kid. Give yourself some grace.

soldiers cry all the time. they're human. everyone deserves a little grace, including yourself. this is a hiccup, but not the end. there is still military as an adult when you don't need permission

Being a soldier isn't the only way to be a hero, and you're not weak or lesser for crying because of disappointment. Take some time and see if there's things you can do to help others now--there's probably a lot of volunteer groups that need you, Boy Scouts can hook you up with things to help people, things like that. You don't have to wait on the military to be a hero.