Anything is food if you're brave enough

By sarahfromthesouth - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, while in line at the waterpark, I looked down to see my 3 year-old daughter chewing on a used Band-Aid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 133
You deserved it 7 678

Top comments

I like how kids are picky about what vegetables they'll eat, but they'll eat things like used band-aids and bugs.

ohJeeznotme 7

She is THREE. Your job as her parent is to PAY ATTENTION to her and ensure things like this don't happen.

Comments

nadsm 0

hahahahahahahahahahaha. ^^my literal reaction.

oh gross. better bring your daughter for a medical checkup - you never know what kind of person used that bandaid before. that being said, some people are just so inconsiderate to simply litter their waste everywhere. litter should end up in the bin, especially if it contains bodily excretions.

So? it doesnt excatly involve you does it?

LMFAO. that's what every mom dreams to see ;)

You need to tell your pediatrician that it happened and make sure to get her tested for hepatitis and HIV. She's probably fine, but there are blood-borne diseases, and you have to make sure she's safe from them. HIV testing is every six months for at least a year, or whatever the standard is now. Take her to the doctor asap. Oh, and I agree that this was the grossest thing I've heard in a long time, and you need to watch your child more closely when out in public places like that. Of course band-aids come off easily in waterparks.