Ally

By yashmoshin1 - 17/06/2009 14:06 - United States

Today, I finished the run for a play in which I played a gay man. Now that all the performances are over, I have kissed a man more times in my life than I have kissed a woman. I'm straight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 578
You deserved it 10 276

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FML depends on your age. If you're young, then it doesn't matter; you've got time to make up for it. If you're older, well, then... yup, FML.

Comments

lmmmr 0

WTF is with all the hate in here? The OP is an actor. BY definition, actors do things that are out of character in order to portray a role. The role is by no means any indication of the actor's sexual preference, AT ALL. Idiots. And the FML isn't about having to kiss a guy, it's about not having kissed girls. Reading comprehension FTW.

I'd agree, except if it was his CHOICE, then why is he WHINING about it here? And maybe he's not getting any chicks because everyone thinks he's gay anyways...

lmmmr 0

Why does anyone whine about anything here? Every single FML can be attributed to a decision made by the OP. Perhaps he's whining about it because it is unfair for everyone to jump to the unfounded conclusion that because he is an actor playing a homosexual that he is one himself, as is clearly demonstrated by the immature, ignorant posters here at FML.

Get off your high horse already. And the "unfair conclusions" came AFTER the FML was posted, so not sure what you're talking about. If someone is going to post something around here, they should expect to be ridiculed. That's what this site is about...this isn't some group therapy session.

We don't hate faggots. We are just ACTING like we hate faggots.

SVelasquez 0

Nothing's wrong with kissing another guy. ^^

kc2_fml 0

Your in a play... Your kissing men.... And your "playing" a gay guy..... Either your a very good actor... Or just plainly gay

"Your" not the sharpest tool in the shed, are ya?

#3, Bravo dumbass... A play is a scripted performance on stage... it was dictated in the script that his character is gay and kisses another man. you fail. OP, don't feel so bad. At least you don't have a reputation as a ...loose person.

Ouch the bad side of the profession...

Yatta_fml 0

Anyone saying he has to be gay is an idiot. A lot of (famous!) actors are secure enough with their (heteo) sexuality that they are willing to ACT the part if a gay man. Key word is act, not BE. A lot of actors do it to expand their acting ability by playing roles that take them outside of who they really are. Even a lot of gay **** stars aren't gay - it pays better than hetro ****.

notnormal 0

Case and point: the two men who played Angel (transvestite) and Collins (gay dude) in Rent were both straight. They played those roles perfectly too, and yet stayed in touch of their original sexuality.

Really? Someone told me that the guy who played Angel (in the OBC) was gay. I guess they were misinformed. 8)

Umm...at least you're dedicated to your work, right?

at least you're not some fanny packin-AIDS havin-rent actin thesbian ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Xx Herb517 xX xbox live motha fucka

notnormal 0

ummm... try and be smarter when you're insulting people. A lot of people like Rent, not all actors have AIDS, and Thespian is actually considered a compliment to a lot of theater people.

bollywood_rocks 0

It's thesPian, you ignorant idiot! Plus if you're talking about Rent the movie, the actresses who played the lesbians are straight, so are Angel and Collins. Ever heard of Brokeback Mountain? Yep, straight as an arrow Jake and Heath(RIP). Queer as Folk: 4 of the six main characters are straight. You're an idiot and maybe you were one of those antagonizing LGBT people on Xbox life. Get a life and a brain while you're at it.

Seriously, #43, what the hell are you even saying? I can't even understand what you're trying to convey. #109: Maureen is supposed to be bi, I believe... Right? :) I actually got to play her in a community theatre production.... it was awesome! #43, I'm straight, and had no problems kissing my friend who was Joanne. I mean, that's why they call it a stage kiss, it's not like her tongue was down my throat.