A heartwarming Christmas story

By Fatslobmom - 24/12/2022 12:00

Spicy
Today, my husband confessed to having an affair, resulting in us loudly arguing. Our 8 year-old daughter asks what was going on. My husband told her, “If you don’t want a divorce when you grow up, a word of advice: eat your fruits and vegetables so you don’t become a fat slob who gets cheated on!” FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 803
You deserved it 375

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're husband is abusive, he sounds like a Richard.

ODBeefalo 10

abusive and manipulative. and he was straight up using your daughter as a weapon there. I am not one for using divorce as payback per se, but this is one time where you should 100% be leaving with half his shit.

Comments

You're husband is abusive, he sounds like a Richard.

We can't really tell from the post but since you chimed in there is a good chance.

tiptoppc 19
ODBeefalo 10

abusive and manipulative. and he was straight up using your daughter as a weapon there. I am not one for using divorce as payback per se, but this is one time where you should 100% be leaving with half his shit.

tiptoppc 19

Yeah, as a previously divorced male, **** that guy. Total dick move to bring the daughter into it. Stuff like this is why kids have lasting trauma from parents divorce. Edit: I still have trauma from my parents divorce case, albeit it was caused by religion, but it set me into a life of atheism due to being used as a weapon alongside a religious aspect in my parents case.

The origin story of another girl with an eating disorder. With this, you'll get sole custody of her. Take the opportunity to model a healthy lifestyle to get back in shape now that you're back on the market. The way you handle this will either avert disaster for your daughter, or be the blueprint of it.

When THIS guy is being serious, listen up.

tiptoppc 19

Yeah. It’s spooky when I agree with him too!

Oh, shit! I wrote this before I had my coffee! Someone might mistake me for a serious advisor. Yikes! Hey, kid! Remember that banana splits and carrot cake count as fruits and vegetables!

indiemusicnerdgirl 20

I don't care what parents argue about there's no reason to bring the kids into it. If he will say that to your daughter in front of you who knows what he's been saying behind to her behind your back. He is definitely abusive and manipulative. Plus he's cheated? Yeah don't let anyone treat you or child like that and divorce him.

Divorce. Now. Not only was he unfaithful, he's also verbally abusive. That will also negatively impact your daughter considering she's still so young and subjected to such a spectacle.

Divorce now. Get everything you can, especially sole custody of your daughter. If that asshole wants to see her, they must be supervised visits.

His decision to cheat on you was just that: his decision. He made it and he's responsible for it. And if the limit of his love is you gaining weight, well that kind of conditional love and acceptance isn't very useful to anyone. We're all going to get old at some point, and probably lose our looks, our hair, and gain weight, etc. Better to be with someone who's a good person underneath all that than to look around and realize you're with a shallow cheating piece of shit like your husband who can't even be honest with himself let alone with you. **** that guy.

Sonotsuave 35

Oh my lord I can’t even explain how much of an asshole your husband is and how sorry I am. What a cheating bastard. Not only are his words so ******* rude and disrespectful to say to someone in general, that’s unacceptable and completely hurtful to say to your partner. Strike one was cheating (which alone is enough), strike two was being verbally abusive, and strike three is saying that in front of a child!! I hope you get full custody, get both of you in a much better situation without that crater of toxicity of a human being, and have an amazing life while karma comes back to him. Good luck

Marcella1016 31

And that, kids, is how eating disorders are born!