By sendhelp - 29/10/2017 00:56

Today, on holiday 5,000 miles from home with my boyfriend and our child, I found out that he’s been constantly messaging and hooking up with one of my best friends. I have no money to get home. Only 10 days to go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 862
You deserved it 346

tragic1992 tells us more.

Still stuck here. It’s all inclusive so at least we won’t starve. He hasn’t been off his phone the whole time messaging her. No ***** given on his part !!! Meanwhile I’m falling apart! FML

Top comments

Do not bring up the situation to him now. Wait until you are safe at home and possibly in a public place. You never know what he might do. Focus on your child and your safety and don't forget to leave him and your so called best friend. They're both pathetic and disgusting.

Focus on your child and having the holiday with them. It’s a terrible situation. I’m so sorry it happened to you.

Comments

Lisa Cloud Hyde 4

Focus on your child and having the holiday with them. It’s a terrible situation. I’m so sorry it happened to you.

Still stuck here. It’s all inclusive so at least we won’t starve. He hasn’t been off his phone the whole time messaging her. No ***** given on his part !!! Meanwhile I’m falling apart! FML

xtutu 12

Asked him what's so interesting on ur phone? Share with me

This is a time that I would actually encourage throwing his phone out the window. Or in the toilet. If he can't respect you enough to wait until the vacation is over, make sure he knows you're serious by breaking the phone, cutting his contact with her. Also, this may be a good time to tell a friend to wire you some money or buy you a plane ticket.

This is what I said to him. And he said “oh but I don’t love you anymore we’ve basically been over for ages so I don’t see why it’s a big shock that I’ve moved on” I’m like wtf I thought this was a reconciliation holiday?! How wrong was I!! No respect for me obviously. :( I’ve never felt such pain. Fml.

put your phone to good use as well. call a lawyer. The boyfriend still has obligations to your child.

Do not bring up the situation to him now. Wait until you are safe at home and possibly in a public place. You never know what he might do. Focus on your child and your safety and don't forget to leave him and your so called best friend. They're both pathetic and disgusting.

Thank you. Hurts but I’m gonna have to let him go. X

Thats a hardcore rip. Hang in there, the child needs you

It’s him I feel sorry for. Thanks. Xx

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
xtutu 12

Why the so called best friend didn't turn down ur boyfriend. He keep messaging her because she is replying him too! Sucks

Don’t fall apart. This is awful - he is awful - but it’s not the end. He is not worth your emotional destruction. When you feel overwhelmed, just remember that one day you will look back and be glad you’re no longer with him.

OP, I'm not sure how old your child is...but having been cheated on before and gotten revenge, I'll give you some advice. (I'm not married, but I do have a seven year old daughter from an ex-GF and I too had to make a difficult decision.) 1.) Being nice won't fix the problem. Karma's a bitch and patience is a virtue, but sometimes you have to be the instrument of karma. 2.) It'll take some planning, but with some courage, I've got a way you can stick it to him and keep your kid safe. This'll take a couple of days of planning, but here's how it will work: Leave your BF alone with your kid for an hour while you leave to "clear your head". Find a discreet place to call the airline or go online. Change the return ticket for you and your kid to two days from now. Yes, it'll cost money, but it'll be worth it. Tell a couple of trusted family members or friends back home your plans, in detail. At maybe 1 or 2am in the morning, if he's asleep, discreetly pack your things (You can do so in advance) and that of your child's...and already arrange with the hotel a private car to take you to the airport. Fly back home early, and stay with one of these family members or friends. Before you leave, leave a simple note for him somewhere where he'll see it. Write the following: "You need to decide who is more important: My "friend", or Us." (Referring to you and your child.) Let the asshole sweat it out for days while he frantically calls trying to figure things out. Shut off your phone. If he finds a way to contact you, and threaten legal action against you, be brave, but remind him that it's him who has the problem, not you, and his cheating will become a matter of public record if he decides to involve the police. If the police contact you, tell them his actions made you fear for the safety of your child. 3.) I know it's weird to say this much in an FML comment, but I feel for you. Feel free to PM if you want to know more.

julfunky 29

“Yes, it’ll cost money.” Did you miss the part where she flat out said “I have no money to get home”?

I didn't miss anything, so here goes. 1.) IF she has trusted family or friends that can lend her money she can be discreet about it. 2.) Credit cards? She may not have cash but could take a cash advance on a CC or just use a credit card. These are the alternatives here.

"Before you leave, leave a simple note for him somewhere where he'll see it. Write the following: "You need to decide who is more important: My "friend", or Us." (Referring to you and your child.) Let the asshole sweat it out for days while he frantically calls trying to figure things out." Sweat it out for days? He already told her that he doesn't give a shit and that he moved on. Leaving dramatically doesn't do anything on the situation except for her actually being able to leave for her sake. But as she said, she has no money and she certainly didn't forget that she can ask other people for money.

He’s all like “let’s just be normal for the rest of our holiday for the sake of our son” hmmm yeah great plan mate! Fml

Where is this holiday? And just wondering why you’re not able to change your flight or at least ask family / friends for money? Have you told them?