Submit your FML story
- - Please note that spam and nonsensical stories will result in you being blocked from accessing FML.
This FML’s original poster has posted further details. Check out the comment our team has singled out
Hey, OP here.
So as a quick update, there are several things I want to add.
1. My dentist was 65, very healthy, and his passing was very unfortunate. But now he's with his wife, who passed away from breast cancer about three years ago.
2. It says 'Employee' at the top because my mother was one of his dental hygienists, and I had worked for him as a secretary for a few months before he died.
3. The dental hygienists in the office obviously started CPR right away. They even shocked him twice, but he wasn't responding to anything. Paramedics took him away in an ambulance, but nothing they did was successful. It's quite ironic because my dentist always used to joke that he required his hygienists to have lots of CPR training, etc, because he was the one who was going to need it. We always thought he was kidding, but unfortunately, that was exactly what happened.
4. For those of you saying 'she deserved it' or 'why didn't she start CPR,' or 'her breath killed him lol,' understand a few things. One, I don't see how I deserved it, but that's your opinion. Two, I'm 19, I don't know how to perform CPR, and within a minute, there were three certified, trained, professionals tending to him. Three, even if it was possible to kill someone with your breath, my mom is a dental hygienist. My teeth are quite nice, if I do say so myself.
Thanks for all your nice messages, and I hope you never have to experience something as terrible as I did.
Either you have really bad breath or that was just one of the most unfortunate events ever.
Speak your mind, but please try and be respectful.
Friday 28 August 2015