By dine and DASH our friendship - 02/05/2017 00:11

Today, I served my good friend and his girlfriend at the restaurant where I work. They did a "dine and dash". FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 394
You deserved it 404

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Druu 53

Do not underestimate the power of a public shaming. Bring it up in front of mutual friends/acquaintances whenever the opportunity arises. Next time you visit his home, ask his parents if their finances are in good order, and tell them that you'd like to lend a hand if you can. Tell the story to their puzzled faces. You'll get the money -- and a decent tip as well.

No friend of yours. Now you have to pay their check (I assume, since you were waiting on them) or possibly get fired.

Comments

No friend of yours. Now you have to pay their check (I assume, since you were waiting on them) or possibly get fired.

That would be illegal in most countries.

it was like that when I worked at Ihop, they tell you it's your job to make sure they don't leave without paying.

in the US if a waitress has a table leave without paying then she'll have a strike against her, and often management deducts the cost of the check from her paycheck or tips. some places will just outright fire them instead of only one strike.

Lucky O'Guin 18

Next time you see your NOT very good friend, tell him to pay up. That's a crappy thing to do to anyone, especially a friend.

Druu 53

Do not underestimate the power of a public shaming. Bring it up in front of mutual friends/acquaintances whenever the opportunity arises. Next time you visit his home, ask his parents if their finances are in good order, and tell them that you'd like to lend a hand if you can. Tell the story to their puzzled faces. You'll get the money -- and a decent tip as well.

Yes, they ought to make full restitution and take OP out for dinner as well.

That's not a friend. Deffinetly bring it up. In public. to their parents if possible. Don't go out if you can't pay.

Did they have the impression the meal would be free because you worked there? If not, I agree with going ahead with the public shame. Post a picture of the bill and tag them saying they left something of theirs!

I'd talk to the manager about getting them declared personae non gratae at that restaurant.

Today, I typed out a long ass reply to this about my good friends and bad things they have done recently that makes me think I've somehow made horrible choices. FML Then I realised this isn't about me and my shit! Your friend is an asshole.

That's what we used to call a "chew and screw". Anyone who would do this is no friend of yours. Confront them and demand restirution!

Did they know that you end up paying for their "hog and jog," not the restaurant?