By bookworm4332 - 23/12/2016 19:50 - United States - King George

Today, I received an email telling me that the t-shirt I ordered almost a month ago as a Christmas present for my brother had finally been delivered. Unfortunately, it was delivered to my college dorm, which is 2 hours away. I won't be able to pick it up until mid-January. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 442
You deserved it 987

bookworm4332 tells us more.

OP here, thanks for the kind words y'all. Just to clear up a few things, I ordered this shirt back in November and it was supposed to be delivered to my dorm in early December. When it didn't arrive, I contacted the company and they agreed to ship another one to my home address, since it would be delivered after I left for break. It seems like there was some kind of mix-up on their end, as their "your package was delivered" email lists my home address but the UPS tracking number shows it was delivered to my dorm. Unfortunately, first-year housing at my school operates mail out of a mailroom, which is closed until January since first years are not allowed to stay in dorms over winter break. So I think that even if I made the drive out to get it, the package would probably be inaccessible to me. Oh well ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Top comments

Is it possible to have someone Overnite it to you- ups and Fedex are working till 5 pm Christmas day

He lives in a dorm. Schools and dorms are closed during breaks, unless there are special circumstances. Nobody is working at the front desk, therfore OP's package might not be delivered to the dorm, but might be dropped off at the post office. It's not worth a drive, school starts in 3 weeks.

Comments

Next time, checking the shipping address. That's on you.

It's not on him. He ordered it a month ago while he was at college, so I'm assuming he wanted it to be shipped to his dorm so he could have received it and brought it to his house on his own. It's on the shipping company. At least that's how I see it.

How on earth is this on the shipping company? :) My guess is that it's one of those custom t-shirts that always take ages to deliver. The shipping company just did what it was supposed to do.

Let's not automatically victim blame here. In reality land, shipping companies make mistakes as well no matter information is given. OP could have had both addresses written with the most recent being the current. I'm not going to go guess whether user error or company error happen more, they do both occur.

Is it possible to have someone Overnite it to you- ups and Fedex are working till 5 pm Christmas day

Can't just drive 2 hours there and back. There has to be some free time frame.

A 4 hour trip.. Just skip on over and pick up your shirt in your free time. /s

There are truckers and other commuters who drive that or more daily. It just depends on OP's schedule and how determined they are. I could see if it was 4+ hours each way and not a total trip time. Maybe I'm just stubborn and if life randomly decides to screw me over on time or distance, I typically fight it if possible.

Yeah, unless they don't have a car and got picked up from their dorm, which i doubt, they should be just fine to go get the shirt.

New family tradition: Martin Luther King Day gift exchange!

I feel your pain, I ordered a shirt for my mum 8 weeks ago. It arrived at my house yesterday, 3 days after I left to come to my patents for Christmas. My house is a 6hr car trip away, I don't drive so 8hr, 4/5 trains and a bus away. I'm not due to go home till late January.

I think your mom would like a patent much better than a shirt anyways, so you're probably okay.

its actually a custom made shirt with all her grand children's names on it, even if not my mum isn't shallow and would love anything my children and I got her because she knows its been thought about and brought with love

I would have asked the shipping company weeks ago where the hell my package was. Did you not track it? Although I do see your dilemma, there are times, especially around the holidays where you have to be assertive because some companies don't give a damn about other people's things. Your brother will understand; you can ship the package to him in January...with a different company.

I ordered a TV wall mount a while back and Fed-Ex held on to it for two weeks. The tracker finally showed it was going to be delivered on a Saturday, so I kept popping my head out of the door to check. I happened to do so just as the van was slowing down for my drive way and the lady saw me and sped away. Then, the tracker shows that she dropped it off at the post office - for delivery on Monday! WTF?

I have that same problem, only my college is three hours away. Sorry OP

Couldn't you make a fun road trip day with family or friends from your hometown? 2 hours (one way) isn't so far if it means that much to you, especially if you can make the trip an adventure with someone special.

there's 24 hours in a day... it would take about 5 hours at most to go get it for him. 2 hours there, an hour (if it even takes that long it should only take a couple of minutes really, so yeah,) 2 hours back. It's not that difficult. I used to drive 2 hours to work everyday at one point in my life so get over it and get your bro his gift.

I drive 10 hours a day and deliver 250,000lbs of freight. Yeah. A few hours ain't no big.

He lives in a dorm. Schools and dorms are closed during breaks, unless there are special circumstances. Nobody is working at the front desk, therfore OP's package might not be delivered to the dorm, but might be dropped off at the post office. It's not worth a drive, school starts in 3 weeks.

I realize that sounds sarcastic. It's actually my job. I drive a delivery truck.

I know it's not about the gifts in Christmas but it's neat to get someone you love something awesome that they wouldn't get for themselves. So I know how you feel OP. I ordered my father a collectible and it was suppose to be delivered 2 weeks ago. However, I recieved two emails about how production is being delayed and it won't ship out til march/April next year. Kinda upsetting for me since this man is such a pain to get anything for him on any occasion. Just explain to your brother and he'll hopefully understand.