By Anonymous - 13/03/2018 14:00 - United Kingdom

Today, I finally received counselling for my horrible and irrational fear of abandonment. After sitting in the waiting room for two hours, I got a phone call from my therapist. She'd forgotten I was there and gone for lunch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 715
You deserved it 290

Top comments

Lobby_Bee 17

This is actually phase one of the treatment, facing your fear head on.

On one hand, this is unprofessional on quite a few levels, and she should definitely know better. On the other hand, you at least got the call admitting that she forgot, so she might’ve taken you in after lunch.

Comments

On one hand, this is unprofessional on quite a few levels, and she should definitely know better. On the other hand, you at least got the call admitting that she forgot, so she might’ve taken you in after lunch.

Lobby_Bee 17

This is actually phase one of the treatment, facing your fear head on.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20
ohsnapword 21

This reminds me of the time I went to see a therapist about my fear of heights. His office was on the 92nd floor.

Look on the bright side — at least your fear is not irrational!

julfunky 29

Exposure therapy, eh? It’s a bit quick but that just means she’s dedicated.

Why are you on FML during your first part of treatment?

I used to be afraid of heights but I went skydiving in New Zealand to scare the fear out of me :)

Did it work? I’ve been considering doing the same thing (not in NZ) but I can’t get anyone that’s up to going with me!

It worked for me I mean this is one of the many ways to conquer your fear. Your miles may varied I suppose

Phase one: get abandoned by your therapist.. Phase two: realize even though they left they will return.