By robthebuilder - 26/10/2010 06:35 - Canada

Today, while at work, I was asked to see my boss. I was informed that the company would be laying off 20 people, and that I was one of them. I was told I could finish off the week, then was sent back to work. Twenty minutes later, my boss walked around and handed us all Christmas party invitations. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 801
You deserved it 2 465

Same thing different taste

Top comments

your life does suck. but hey go to the Xmas party booze it up and act belligerent. you have the green light.

you have the right to act like a complete fool at the party. it's not like you'll see them again anyway ;)

Comments

your life does suck. but hey go to the Xmas party booze it up and act belligerent. you have the green light.

this is hard to read.......... it could of been worded better

sourgirl101 28

Lol at what 17 has to say. Can you guess why? Silly rabbit!

Sourgirl- I'm thinking it's because that comment could have been worded better. Ooh ooh! What do I win?

scarletscribblez 0

Allow me to translate.... PARTY AT HIS OFFICE AND EVERYONE ON FML IS INVITED : D

Wha? No! Defeat snatched from the mouth of victory!

sourgirl101 28

You won DocBastard! Do you like buttered Pop Tarts?(:

Since you're already getting laid off you might as well go to the party, get ridiculously drunk and tell your boss what you really think of him/her.

you have the right to act like a complete fool at the party. it's not like you'll see them again anyway ;)

RedPillSucks 31

Usually, those parties are for employees only. I'm willing to bet OPs boss was just being insensitive. I don't think OP will be able to go to the party.

ozone9914 2

Definitely agree with 1 & 2. Live it up, op!!

Who the **** gives out Christmas invitations before Halloween? Seriously.

FFML_314 11

Exactly what I was going to say. Either OP thinks Christmas consists of ghosts/witches and ghouls, the boss was handing out Halloween invitations or the boss is incredibly early.

Have you not heard of A Christmas Carol? There's also a popular Christmas house here that's known for its ghosts.

lots of companies have their party in November since people are so busy during December.

My company"s Christmas party is in November. It's not uncommon to send out Christmas party invitations in October.

smoke some crystal meth at the party... jk but do something crazy like get wasted and get with a co worker :)

Go to the party. It just shows the decision wasn't personal, it was a business decision..

kayiscoolllll 6

i agree. obviously you worked there for the better part of the year, and they wouldn't give you an invitation if you weren't wanted. go and have fun!

The boss fired them so they wouldn't know about the party and wouldn't feel bad about not getting invited. Seems like a good reason to fire someone.... jk horrible reason and even more horrible if it's true.

marsmallowsrule 0

If there is an open bar then drink it dry! Gotta get your severance out of them one way or another. ;-)

FortMinor 0

act like a jerk at the party X.x