By fucked5waystofriday - 19/02/2016 19:51 - United States - Angola

Today, my boss told me to resign within the month, or he'll fire me and give me a bad reference. I talked to him about it again later on, this time with my phone recording everything, so I could take the proof to HR. I guess he knew, because he acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 668
You deserved it 1 894

Same thing different taste

Top comments

friedpwnadge 25

He's a grade-A psychopath. Tell HR your suspicions and tell them exactly what he will do when you don't resign. Even better, pretend to concede to his will and maybe he'll say some things you can record.

ourtneyc 14

damn dude tough break. I hope you can eventually get your proof for HR. good luck op

Comments

ourtneyc 14

damn dude tough break. I hope you can eventually get your proof for HR. good luck op

friedpwnadge 25

He's a grade-A psychopath. Tell HR your suspicions and tell them exactly what he will do when you don't resign. Even better, pretend to concede to his will and maybe he'll say some things you can record.

Such bad people being bosses makes me fear beginning my career :/

friedpwnadge 25

This is why I opt for self employment. No boss to answer to but myself.

I have heard that performance reviews can be tough tough! ;)

Being your own boss is preferable, but it's not as easy as people make it out to be.

JackDupp 11

There are bad bosses but there are good bosses too. Hopefully you'll get a good boss.

when I was being my own boss I am the strictest slave driving demanding person of myself. no sick days, some times I work for free and working 12 hour days with no lunch break. which if any other employer did that to me they'd be in big trouble.

It ain't so bad. And if you hate an office **** is always an option.

Don't forget that this is FML and you're only hearing about the bad bosses out there. There are a lot of great ones out there, you just never hear of them (especially on here).

Just try it again. Be more sneaky this time.

M3DO 24

Next time you talk to him, have your phone recording in your pocket

keep the recoarded bit, stay untill he fires you and milk this dude for every penny you deserve to get. if future employers ask just explain the situation or show the recordings

ninjuh_wingman 29

I'm pretty sure the whole point of this was that the OP HAS no recording, at least nothing that he can show as proof.

turn the tables! threaten witg your recordings in social media to ruin him and his company

JackDupp 11

Yea cuz that'll look good to future potential employers

You're actually very lucky he feigned ignorance. Recording a phone call without letting the other person know that you're recording counts as wiretapping. Had you tried to use a recorded phone call to make a point to HR, you could end up in a hell of a lot of trouble.

ninjuh_wingman 29

No it's not. Wiretapping requires a third party recording a conversation without either party knowing. It's not illegal in most states for someone to record a conversation between themselves and another person without the other person knowing.

Indiana is a "one-party consent" state so OP is good, make sure you look up your state... A lot are "two-party or all-party consent" it would be illegal in Michigan just over the border

Shitty situation. He can make your work life really miserable if he wants. And he probably has done this before, has experience. But! Does he know that you don't have a recording of the first conversation? Make him unsure. When I was talking with my difficult boss I always had my handbag on the table. He couldn't know if there is a device inside. Admit, I had it because my locker wasn't locking properly. But as long as it worked.