By touche-à-tout - 15/08/2012 08:08 - Japan - Tokyo

Today, I took a restroom break in a Japanese train station. I couldn’t find the toilet flush, so I started pulling on all the available levers. Can some one explain to me why the main alarm lever was in the toilet? FML
I agree, your life sucks 744
You deserved it 80

Top comments

hellobobismyname 24

"Excuse me sir, can you please come and help me flush my shit down the toilet?" Umm, I wouldn't want to ask that, nor would I ever want to be asked that... It's a normal reaction to try to discover the flush for yourself. Who would want to bring strangers into that kind of business? Anyone would be too embarrassed.

Just in case an octopus decides to jump out of the toilet.

Comments

Dragonstorm786 17

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
hellobobismyname 24

"Excuse me sir, can you please come and help me flush my shit down the toilet?" Umm, I wouldn't want to ask that, nor would I ever want to be asked that... It's a normal reaction to try to discover the flush for yourself. Who would want to bring strangers into that kind of business? Anyone would be too embarrassed.

In case of major constipation, you pull the lever to scare the shit out of you.

Not only is that a weird question to ask, OP is in Japan and therefore may not be able to communicate with people. And from my time in Japan, I think the lever is in the bathroom because there are a lot of old people in Japan (aging population) so its more for there safety.

You never know when you'll need help. Better safe than sorry.

So safe. Accidently pull the alarm lever trying to flush the toilet. This must be a common occurrence. Bad design.

Just in case an octopus decides to jump out of the toilet.

Wizardo 33

In case of barbaric shit pull alarm. But in any case I hear most toilets in public places in Japan have motion sensors or buttons to flush.

Makes sense to have alarms in the toilets of moving vehicles, in case of non-trouser accidents. EDIT: Just realised you were talking about a train station, rather than the train itself. Still, never know when you'll need emergency assistance.

I suppose it's better to have that alarm lever there just in case some shit goes down (...), but it's also unfortunate that you pulled said lever when it was unnecessary. Hopefully, it didn't get out of hand (and it shouldn't, because Japanese people are very polite).

Well sometimes you need an alarm when you are on the toilet.

it probably happens all the time when Americans get on their trains