You have been warned

By PUA - 15/03/2012 01:06 - United States

Spicy
Today, I met my girlfriend's parents. Her huge, ex-Marine father took me out back, saying he wanted to show me something. That something was a machete. He savagely buried it in a tree stump and said, "Son, if you break my daughter's heart, that'll be your dick." FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 302
You deserved it 6 584

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ex-Marine used Slash on the wild enemy Boyfriend! It was super effective!

Comments

meggy2010 5

There needs to be more dads like this. Most parents now days don't care what their kid is doing, and that's what gets them into trouble. And if she has any brothers, I'd be more scared of them. I know my brothers will do something before my dad can react. But on an upside, having a protective dad and brothers does help keep the assholes away

44, Just because some parents don't give a shit doesn't mean we need more psycho idiots around, it just means we need better parents. This guy is a tool, it's just unfortunate his daughter will have to suffer because of her fathers bullshit insecurities.

#87, Just wait till you ave daughters or any close female relatives & wait till the protective instinct kicks in

desireev 17

I wish I had a protective dad and a protective brother. They're best friends with my fiancé. So, when there's trouble, they tell me it is my fault. :(

151, I have a sister, so it already has. What I also seem to have though is the ability to rationalise. Do you not have this? Because if not, your comment would make perfect sense.

beast_adh4 6

232 hes a marine so yea so marines are a little insane when they get out and a few just go more insane so who knows

Why be afraid? Just don't hurt the girl and you're fine. Simple enough logic, right?

JesusChrystler 1

He must not've been a marine, there's no such thing as an ex marine

The father could have been a former Marine. OP is the one who mis-titled him.

If he's a Marine, he doesn't even need a knife.

conholio33 28

Wow sorry to hear that OP but i wud be arfaid very afraid

jaytee1994 9

Go dad!!!:). I do that to my sisters boyfriends. Scares the shit out of them!:)

Ah. And does your sister does that to your girlfriends? I really hate the difference between guys and gals in this issue. If it's a guy, then he's responsible for his own deeds. Nobody is going to a girl with a gun saying: "I'll shoot your **** off if you're going to break the heart of my boy!" If it's a girl, she can't be responsible for her own deeds, no, her family needs to make sure that she makes the right choices. Ugh. I'm happy my parents only said 'Hello, how are you?' to my boyfriend when they first met him.

My uncle does the protective father thing for our whole family, eve the guys. My male cousin just got a girlfriend and posted it on facebook. First comment was my uncle saying how he couldn't wait to meet her (aka, interrogate her). He's equal opportunity.

Actually, thinking on it, I do that for my friends, regardless if they are dating a guy or girl. Mostly I do it for the ones dating girls, as it's less likely the father will be as protective. I kind of feel bad for my lesbian or bi female friends' dads. Normally fathers get to be comfortable and assume the boyfriend is always at fault (not saying it's right), but they get very confused as to their role when their daughter is dating another girl. Hence my stepping in.

I wish more dads were like this. This guy is my new hero :)

midnight165 5

He only said this to intimidate you, if u get scared from this.. He knows u don't really want to be with his daughter.. A true man wouldn't think much of this since u don't plan on breaking up with her or hitting n quitting it.. Better hope she's the 1

58, BULLSHIT. Complete and utter bullshit. I've gone into relationships before thinking "we won't break up". Then you find out what the person is really like from spending time with them, and you realise "oh, maybe we don't go together as well as I thought". It's called life, you don't just go into relationships knowing how it's going to turn out, you HOPE it will turn out well. Even back then I'd have been worried because everyone knows that unexpected things can go wrong. Have you possibly been brainwashed by romantic hollywood movies? Or is it just an inability to grasp the complexities of human relationships that's spurring on this nonsense?

beast_adh4 6

i agree 91 shit happens and people change